Trump Is Doing To The GOP What He Wants To Do To America

Can he go higher? I know James asked for, I think, $347 million. Could he do, say, $500 million?

15 Likes

He’s a Putin asset in the sense of being a useful idiot, a passive asset. I’ve never believed he was under Putin’s direct control because he didn’t deliver much of anything Putin wanted while in office.

Trump didn’t pull out of NATO, and didn’t manage to lift the previous sanctions against Russia. He started the process of the US leaving Afghanistan when I’m sure Putin wanted us to remain bogged down there. Moving troops out of parts of Syria was all Putin got from him. But yeah, Trump is absolutely useful to Putin in causing chaos and disunity in the US, just from his bull-in-a-china-shop nature.

I don’t think Trump is even directly responsible for tying up aid to Ukraine, because that’s mostly coming from the House GOP as a move to thwart Biden. Anything Biden is for they’re automatically against, and Ukraine got tied up in that. Trump is much more involved in using immigration as a weapon against Dems.

10 Likes

Now? He’s been that all along, and a Helsinki sealed that deal.

18 Likes

Nobody ever guaranteed that America would have a happy ending. Vote like your life depends on it. It might just.

27 Likes

So instead of engaging in Schadenfreude, we should be demanding that the DNC, Senate Majority Leader Schumer, and House Minority Leader Jeffries use this as a cudgel to start bashing the GOP as being in the thrall to a veritable orange-hued moron who keeps bragging about acing a dementia/cognitive ability test he took years ago.

To do otherwise is political malpractice.

16 Likes

Welcome to Hitler territory, ya’ll.

3 Likes
30 Likes

They are crazy and believe he’s on the side of right, weak and believe he can’t be stopped, or cynical opportunists who believe they will benefit from his atrocities if they stay close enough.

They are all mistaken.

16 Likes

We can only hope. He may be hesitant to go much higher as maybe it would give grounds for appeal as being unreasonable but what do I know? Eleven trillion billion would not be enough if it were up to me.

3 Likes

Correct. The only hope for the country is that the theocrats and hack Republican operatives on the Supreme Court decide that theocracy and the Republican party are best served long-term by keeping Trump off the '24 ballot. Unlikely, but not beyond the realm of possibility.

5 Likes

This is called “governance by adults”…
I suspect my 15 year old grandson could do a far better job than the present mob of idiots in DC.

8 Likes

Well, she’s not going win any Miss Manners certificates by hanging around the men’s bathroom and looking under stalls.

19 Likes

13 Likes

I think it’s more insidious than that. Over the last few decades, the MSM has consolidated into a few large non-news businesses, owned by a handful of conservative billionaires. I believe the overall sustained pro-trump slant is deliberate and intended. Fuck democracy; trump will lower their taxes. If smaller media outlets and actual human beings protest, more clicks and eyeballs! Win-win!

12 Likes

“I, Donald J Trump, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully…”
– John Roberts, administering the Oath of Office, 2025

How can someone taking the Oath of Office not be an officer? And why does it take Harvard-educated lawyers years to figure it out?

And they let you!

26 Likes

He could do anything supported by the evidence, but it’s bad form to award more than the State is asking for.

17 Likes

Congrats!

Morning Puppy

32 Likes

We did in New Mexico. So there’s precedent!

15 Likes

This probably only works for Boomers, so what will work for Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z?

8 Likes

Pity.

12 Likes