Trump Hosts First Public Event Since Discharge From Walter Reed For COVID-19 | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump on Saturday made his first major public appearance since returning to the White House after being hospitalized for coronavirus last weekend. The White House has refused to declare that he is no longer contagious, and the gathering of hundreds of people on the South Lawn went ahead despite the guidance of public health officials.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1337818

Thanks to you the virus is as fine as frog fur. You are the one fading away.

17 Likes

Potemkin President strikes again
Nothing there
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/will-do-that-to-ya-more-questions-about-trumps-health-after-he-cuts-rally-short-after-only-18-minutes/

36 Likes

Eighteen minutes is a two-inning baseball game.

43 Likes

Ah, and this is the extent of his appearance? A two liner?
Impressive.

20 Likes

If Trump was a man’ and if he is cured, and if he immune, he would be out pressing the flesh kissing babies and grabbing women.
He is not.

17 Likes

18 minutes. He finally found the one thing that he cannot bully, threaten, lie to, cajole, bluff or pay off. Covid is his boss now.

53 Likes

Scoreless innings. :wink:

17 Likes

You’ll be vlad to know it’s actually the second thing.

29 Likes

Shorter than expected, but what I noticed most in the bits I saw (I didn’t watch all of it) was that the cheers from the crowd sounded scripted, like they were told to cheer certain words in the speech. Not the usual stuff like responding with “USA, USA, USA” at his rallies when they heard something they liked. Just cheering whenever he said “Blacks” or “Latinos.”

I dunno, maybe it was spontaneous, but these were basically paid performers anyway, so they could have been briefed on applause and cheer lines in advance.

36 Likes

“Ladies and Gentlemen…Bye now!!”

The Fly was on longer than Chump.

40 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Given that the average 9 inning game last about 3 hours, 18 minutes is more like a 1 inning game.

15 Likes

I can’t find a video to watch what passed for this grand event.

5 Likes

The man seems to have no internal life, and exists only when he has an audience of sycophants. Also, I love the balcony appearances. Just like Mussolini…

34 Likes

Well, it was an “event”, all right.

It was like “Evita” starring Gary Busey.

MSNBC cut away after a few minute because of the lies and smears. Good lesson to the media in general.

50 Likes

all the reporting on this campaign event needs to be accompanied with information on how its in direct violation of the Hatch Act. The rest of the federal employees take a yearly test to inform them of the rules. Then when there is an election going on we receive regular notices about what is legal.

32 Likes

The man has some serious stamina!

4 Likes

e4

I can attest when you have respiratory problems you CAN’T fool your body.

“Eighteen minutes”

He probably is sucking on the rescue inhaler as I type.Or nebulizer.

26 Likes

I was watching on CNN and they cut away too, after the first few minutes.

14 Likes