Trump Got Another Extension To File Annual Financial Disclosure | Talking Points Memo

President Trump was given a second 45-day extension to file his annual financial disclosure form a White House official said on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319393
1 Like

Will Trump cheat again in his financial disclosure just like he cheated his niece/nephew from their share of Fred’s estate or like he cheated on his SAT and college homework?

Once a cheat, always a cheat …that’s Trump’s!
Unfit for POTUS!

Addendum:

While waiting for the SC to adjudicate on Trump’s tax return release…the article that made his niece Mary Trump write a tell all book:

Addedum2:

Some schadenfreuding here…

Trump boasted he is worth $10 Billion but Forbes estimated his net worth at that time to be around $3B…but now Forbes said it dropped $1B.

AND

18 Likes

We’ll see what the Supremes have to say sometime today.

I’m pessimistic yet hopeful.

25 Likes

It’s obviously getting more difficult for the Trump camp to come up with a rationale that the rubes will buy these days.

2 Likes

Eh, the rubes will buy anything he says. It is a cult of personality.

10 Likes

A growing fear is that the Supreme Court may side with Trump, agreeing that he may keep his taxes private, in large part relying on language in the 5th.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

I’m pessimistic too and I think we have to vote him out of office.

8 Likes

This shit has got to stop. We MUST set up laws for what, when, how the president…or Congresscritters reveal their finances and taxes, and a clear, strong definition for “blind trusts”

19 Likes

I am confused (nothing new here), who grants the extension and by what authority?

3 Likes

Can someone provide an update on Trump’s claim that he was being ‘audited’ back in 2015-2016 and “therefore, couldn’t release his taxes”…

1. as was suspected at the time, this claim seems doubtful… he could have released them
  2. was the IRS in fact auditing Trump?
  3. If so, have they completed their audit?
  4. what were the findings?
1 Like

I’d rather see his other financial documents, loans, property valuations, real estate deals, than his taxes. If the supremes say he gets to keep all this secret on the basis of the 5th, then so does everybody else. America will become the financial crimes capital of the world (Perhaps it already is?).

25 Likes

According to the IRS that doesn’t stop him from sharing. It’s just a pathetic dotard excuse.

13 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if there’s any chance the AFD might not match with his tax records at all, so they’re delaying until they see if the SC is gonna allow his tax records to see the light of day.

They might need a little extra time to fix it, depending upon today’s ruling.

16 Likes

Wouldn’t he have to SAY that"s the reason he’s not turning them over?

2 Likes

O/T Lincoln project strikes at the enabling GOP

26 Likes

Every ad is better than the last.

8 Likes

? - this is in reference to an “annual” financial disclosure…so, what is the status of each of the “annual” reports for 2017, 2018, and 2019 ?
Are they all hanging in “extension limbo”?

1 Like

Who would have thought it would take so long to write a short work of fiction?

20 Likes

by private I meant not disclosing outside of reporting to the IRS. As opposed to publicly publishing them.

1 Like

Saw the ad yesterday. I think they’re ***this close***to pulling the ‘full Putin’ trigger.

And here’s how they’ll do it.

I’ve been wondering why the fuck they’re so insistent on opening up the schools? What’s the benefit? It’s going to get more people sick/killed. It’s not like they’re grifting some sort of corporate donations (Oil and gas, say). Really - what’s the up side to killing kids? Sure- CAGING kids (brown ones with funny names) will get your base votes. But not killing your bases kids - so what gives? Who wins?

Putin does. I think forcing schools to ‘open normally’ is the biggest gift to Putin they can give. And I think that’s the last straw for a full on “Trump is a tool of Putin, a traitor to America. He’s killing innocent children to make Russia happy” sort of video.

In the words of the orange menace, “I dunno, we’ll see…”

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available