Trump Forced Ohio GOP Senate Candidates Into ‘Apprentice’-Like Meeting | Talking Points Memo

@discobot go help yourself.

9 Likes

So has Timken Steel come roaring back? Since Trump crushed the China steel industry?

1 Like

How much losing can one loser take?

13 Likes

When will the MO Republicans who want Blunt’s seat get their auditions?

6 Likes

I see now why I never watched The Apprentice.
I probably woulda killed my TV.
The Donald always hasta be the bully in charge yet he’s no more than a fat gas bag way past his prime.

21 Likes

Auditions to be held on stage at Branson.

Apparently vaudeville is making a come-back.

7 Likes

I 'm pretty sure I read they had to close their Houston plant not too long ago.

3 Likes

Close their Houston plant like before this Valentine’s Day? Those steel plants use a lot of electricity.

Last year:

The 100,000-square-foot TimkenSteel Material Services facility is at 14730 Yarberry St. It is expected to close on approximately Jan. 18, 2020, with all affected employees let go between Jan. 18 and Feb. 1, per the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act letter.

Doesn’t sound like a smelting operation. About 100 people were laid off.

1 Like

In fact, losing is the only thing Jr excels at.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Why’s he even getting the coverage? This is what he wants with these media stunts.

7 Likes

Well then there was excess capacity right there that wasn’t enough to keep the heat on.

(And if I remember some show on the History Channel being correct, it takes something like 3 days running to get the furnace up to the super hot temperature needed to make steel.)

ETA: I read your 2020 as 2021. But looking at what has been happening with Granite City Steel, just across the Mississippi, they got back up, but then laid off workers at the same time as the Timken plant in Houston.

2 Likes

So you don’t want to know who is going down to Florida to grovel and debase themselves before Donnie?

2 Likes

My nephew operated a steel furnace at Grede Foundries St Cloud. Had to wear a lot of protective clothing.
He loved the job and made good money. He had about 3/4s of a million bucks in his 401K after twenty years. He put away the maximum from day one. Unfortunately, he ended his life about 4 or 5 years ago in his early 50s. Marriage problems.

1 Like

Considering that they were there in the first place - the couldn’t have said no. In for a penny in for a pound.

2 Likes

What is with the headline that Trump FORCED these 4 stooges to kiss his ring. These stooges chose to participate just like the participants in the insurrection.

5 Likes

:anguished:

3 Likes

Because knowledge (even this level) is power. Stick your head in the sand if you want but don’t expect the rest of us too.

You seem nice. Can you send me money?
Just askin’.

5 Likes