Trump Forced Ohio GOP Senate Candidates Into ‘Apprentice’-Like Meeting | Talking Points Memo

Former President Trump summoned four Republican Senate candidates running to replace retiring Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH) for a secret-sit down ahead of a fundraiser at Trump’s golf club in Florida on Wednesday night, according to Politico.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1366757

According to Politico, a 15-minute backroom meeting reminiscent of boardroom scenes on the former president’s reality TV show “The Apprentice” ensued as the Ohio Senate candidates jockeyed for Trump’s support.

Ok, but which of the “contestants” did Trump fire?

12 Likes

Electoral politics is not a stupid television show. They should all be fired.

18 Likes

Trump Forced Ohio GOP Senate Candidates Into ‘Apprentice’-Like Meeting

“So what’s the big deal? It’s not like I grabbed any of them by the pussy or anything.”

10 Likes

Sources report that the highlight of the event was the pants-pressing competition. “Do it like Hopey,” Trump kept saying.

15 Likes

“Okay, dance, monkeys!” - Formerly Relevant Guy

29 Likes

I guess mimicking “The Masked Singer” would contradict T****'s COVID-45 protocol.

2 Likes

Anyone else curious as to if Jane Timken had a connection to either Timken bearing company or Timken Steel?
It’s the Timken Steel family she married into. Now you don’t have to look it up.

7 Likes

The only thing worse than that fat old fucking traitor are the spineless, conscienceless, amoral scum who toady to him.

19 Likes

I’m looking forward to this in every state election.

14 Likes

10 Likes

Most former presidents have found better things to do.

But, of course, they had actually been presidents.

19 Likes

Basically kissing the ring of a crime boss. Wretched supplication in the name of $$ and ambition. Don Jr could teach a graduate course.

13 Likes

12 Likes

“Fire”?

Au contraire:

“One person familiar with the exchanges in the meeting described the scene as ‘Hunger Games’…”

Which of the contestants did he reap?

22 Likes

Forced Ohio GOP Senate Candidates Into…

Uh, they coulda said no

22 Likes

The one’s from Ohio, AKA District 45.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Most of the tension during the meeting was mostly between Timken and Mandel, both of whom seemed to attempted to outdo one another.

It’s hard for two people to simultaneously insert their noses into a single anus, even one as large as his.

@discobot: does anyone read these things before you publish? I mean, “most of the tension … was mostly” and “both of whom seemed to attempted”?? Seriously, you don’t have to be a grammar nazi to grind your teeth over this much trash in one sentence.

13 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes