Trump Fires Off Calls To ‘LIBERATE’ Michigan, Minnesota And Virginia Amid Protests

President Donald Trump posted several bellicose tweets on Friday about the states where some people, including his supporters, are protesting their governors’ stay at home orders.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1304505
1 Like

There’s so much that’s appalling about this, you hardly know where to begin. But me, I’ll begin by re-upping this:

119 Likes

This is beyond insane.

This is treason all over again. And now it’s domestic.

90 Likes

Trump is so pissed off about getting called out on his lack of any actual plans that he’s just lashing out now. He tweeted about Cuomo during Cuomo’s briefing, too.

I hope he enjoyed the response he got, because Cuomo’s clearly fed up.

Edit: Correction: Still getting. Cuomo’s been on a tear for 20 minutes now, including interrupting his own people in their answers to other questions.

62 Likes

Tell me this isn’t all staged.

22 Likes

Glad to. It isn’t all staged.

26 Likes

Mob boss. Mob rule. I’m sure the police are loving having to deal with a bunch of dipsh*ts.

33 Likes

Hey Susie Collins, is this the pivot you predicted?

59 Likes

Incitement to riot?

59 Likes

Trump is advocating violence as a campaign tactic.

While I’m not at all surprised, I am more than usually repulsed by his behavior.

85 Likes

Lol Please tell me this is a bad dream

P.S. Definition of treason:

1 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign’s family.

Adding links to his tweets
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169987110330372
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251168994066944003
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169217531056130

Edit 2: The Constitutional definition of treason

From Cornell Law

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

When he calls for states to liberate themselves against their elected governments, he is right in the gray area where it might be treason, or might not.

Legally, he could probably get out of it being treason, but whether or not you disagree with the label, he is calling for insurrection against elected governments.

33 Likes

Oh, it is 100% staged and coordinated. The Guardian has a nice piece pointing out that it’s the usual white nationalist suspects who are organizing these “protests” and if you go to Faux News today, there are multiple articles treating it all as a grassroots uprising due to fear of economic collapse. It is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT planned and coordinated.

ETA: You can include the “stay at home orders will kill more people than the virus” crap to that as well…it’s all over Faux News.

75 Likes

But Ohio, West Virginia and Maryland have similar restrictions and he isn’t calling to liberate those places… Now why could that be???..

39 Likes

I’ll be optimistic and take liberate to be the verb “make liberal”…

Got to keep my sanity in some manner of speaking…

20 Likes

If by that you mean this is an organized GOP propaganda campaign, almost certainly. And the role of Fox News as promulgator is noticed.

51 Likes

Trump first tweeted “LIBERATE MINNESOTA,” followed by “LIBERATE MICHIGAN,” then “LIBERATE VIRGINIA.”
“And save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!” he added in his tweet about Virginia.

Yes, liberate us from the famous ignoramus and “fucking moron” who through his inaction, negligence and depraved indifference didn’t do a damn thing to protect us from this disease. He isn’t the disease, but he effectively promoted it by doing less than nothing. He destroyed our defenses against it.

29 Likes

This is what creating your own news/soundbites/coverage looks like. A staged ‘protest’ funded by the Education secretary and huge GOP donor, headlines and media coverage of those protests, and a ready to go catch phrase that ties into the planned ‘theme’ of the protest for Trump that will also get the headlines.

The Dems MUST start to deal with the MSM and how the right-wing manipulates it so readily.

27 Likes

Nope

The Michigan protests are ongoing and they were mentioned in a Fox News story.

4 Likes

And after the liberation, everyone is invited to a COVID party…

16 Likes

Melania, one strategically placed pillow. Nothing more…

26 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available