Trump Faces Sanction Hearing Over Allegations He Violated Gag Order

I can think of a whole BUNCH more positives for jailing that miserable coward…

3 Likes

Will he pay any fines?

Yup, because he is a bully.

Conroy says prosecutors will be filing another application for an order to show cause “on this violation later today.”

The prosecutor says Trump seems to think: "No one is off-limits to this defendant, and he can attack and intimidate any one he wants."

20 Likes

I would really like to see a Mitch McConnell moment. Just freezes up for about 5 minutes, and then they call in the hurry up wagon. I predict at least a TIA, today.

BTW – Shanah tovah u’metukah

8 Likes

IANAL, but based on what I’ve seen in other trials, it’s only too late once the jury returns a verdict.

The operative question is, what kind of deal could The Once and Future Broke Guy cut with DA Bragg? I can’t imagine the scope of a deal that would satisfy both parties. I don’t think there is a deal to be had here.

9 Likes

You got to Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive!!

2 Likes

Intimidation of potential jurors. He used a Jesse Watters hit and embellished it.

Conroy says the Watters example is a hybrid of something someone else said—“They’re catching undercover liberal activists lying to the judge”—with something that Trump added—“in order to get on the Trump jury.”

10 Likes

From the NYT liveblog:

Conroy says that Trump “violates the order when he posts about known witnesses or reasonably forseeable witnesses,” and “violates the order when he posts about a juror or prospective juror.”

And finally, Conroy says Trump violated the gag order when on Truth Social, he quoted the Fox News commentator Jesse Watters denigrating prospective jurors as "undercover liberal activists.” Prosecutors have flagged this as the most serious of the violations and Conroy does so again, calling it “very troubling.”

Conroy points to the timing of the post, last Wednesday evening. The next morning, Juror #2 came into court and asked to be excused. This upset Justice Merchan. He complimented the juror after excusing her, saying she would have done a good job.

23 Likes

“Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind.” - William Shakespeare

13 Likes

He has to sell no fewer than 83.347225 of his trump bibles to cover that (not accounting for his production costs and whatever that lee greenwood’s cut is, of course)

2 Likes

Summoning the mob.

Conroy, disputing the notion that Trump is simply engaging in political speech:

“Throwing a ‘MAGA’ into a post doesn’t make it political. It may make it more ominous.”

13 Likes

Indeed, if he simply wrote, “Go GOP!” That might be considered at least nuanced.

2 Likes

Alas! Poor Trumpkin! I knew him, Horatio. Here hung those lips that would never shut the f**k up!

22 Likes

A Dem House Member is writing a bill to get the Secret Service off the hook of having to protect any person eligible for SS service, if that person is given a sentence of 1 or more years in prison. He says it is entirely pragmatic. I like…

17 Likes

The D.A. is not being unreasonable.

Prosecutor: The Court can fine Trump $1000 for each violation or be jailed up to 30 days.

We seek that you max him out at $1000 fine for each of the violations. Make him remove all of the offending posts. Finally, warn the defendant that his conduct will not be tolerated and that incarceration is an option.

24 Likes

Tarot reader? Fortune Teller? Clairvoyant? Palm Reader?
I would love to hear their reading… hahahaha

1 Like

Can the restriction extend to keeping others (Scavino) from ghost posting on his behalf?

5 Likes

The devil can sell bibles for his purpose.

1 Like

Sorry, but the cops finally busted Madam Marie,
For telling fortunes better than they can.

4 Likes

A solitary man in a cell with a steel bombproof door. Why is there a need for 24/7 Secret Service protection? I would think SS protection would lapse upon criminal conviction and the TSF has 88 opportunities for a felony conviction at present.

2 Likes