Trump Faces Sanction Hearing Over Allegations He Violated Gag Order

The first criminal trial of a former U.S. president resumes Tuesday morning with a hearing on whether to sanction Trump for alleged violations of the case’s gag order.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486725

Lock him up!

19 Likes

Prediction: $5k-10k in fines and a stern warning that jail is in his future if he keeps running his mouth.

71 Likes

Setting boundaries for Donnie are only 77 years late!!

28 Likes

If he actually can STFU, the overpressure might deliver that massive stroke you have been predicting.

28 Likes

Have the supremes ruled that Biden can’t be charged for having Trump shot yet?

47 Likes

♫♫"30 days inna hole"♫♫

@ClutchCargo …sadly trumps mental illness won’t let him shut up. He walked into all of this, No one forced him. What he needs in my humble estimation is to be shown his future. That’s why the “30 days in the hole” quote from a song by Humble Pie in 1972

29 Likes

I don’t think he can, not for the extended time period of this trial. If it were a week or two, maybe, but not 6-8 weeks. I think this is going to get interesting, and not necessarily in a good way.

29 Likes

To quote the Beatles, “Let it be”

6 Likes

Judge: “If you don’t answer the questions, I’ll have to gag you!”
Mudhead: “But yer Honor…”
Judge: “Gag him!”
DA: “Who was that woman I saw you with?”

-Firesign Theater, Don’t Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

17 Likes

A problem with modernity is that fame can be a brand and monetized. Trump has a 36-person company with a $4 billion market cap. The company has always lost money, but people believe that the name Trump is enough to create value. After all, what else would America have to talk about? Which is a shame that such people exist. Imagine, for example, if all we talked about was saving old growth national forest from logging rather than the potential “harvesting” before the 2025 national forest plans are announced?

Imagine if the biggest branding problem today was how to get logging interests to stop using the term “harvest” when they talk about dismantling the forest biome? I so wait for a day in America without any Trump news.

52 Likes

A good way for whom? :grinning:

12 Likes

Don’t be so humble!

8 Likes

I don’t know, us. He lashes out, he gets thrown in jail for 24 hours, he lashes out more, things just get more and more nuts, jurors get scared, hung jury or mistrial. I just don’t think anything good can come of this if it devolves into chaotic mess. I’m rooting for Judge Merchan, he seems extremely capable, but it remains to be seen whether the task of keeping this trial in order is possible or impossible.

17 Likes

Civility is is very short supply these days

5 Likes

It’s ok if he does it sarcastically.

23 Likes

So he has to be physically present in court even more? And more boundaries put on a would be tyrant that needs them and has never had?

One small step for my schadenfreude and one giant leap to keep America a democracy.

26 Likes

Can Merchan take away his access to social media so he can’t post his vitriol on Truth Social or X?

11 Likes

I believe that’s Thursday.

24 Likes

Being warned…in court…by your trial judge…during your trial…tends to stress the “urge” in “urgent.”

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available