Trump Endorses Rubio, Who Can Now Stop Sweating Over Potential Ivanka Primary Challenge | Talking Points Memo

Extra White.

4 Likes

But didn’t you see Cruz’s very manly facial hair? The second most laughable beard in DC behind only whatever poor woman Lindsey Graham drags to social events.

1 Like

Steven Colbert said that Cruz looks like he’s been tarred and pubed.

2 Likes

That’s why I don’t have a beard.

3 Likes

I’ve had a mustache since 1967 and a full beard (not a long one) since 1974.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think a solid indicator that he’s lost a step is how even in a Tweet-length “statement” that “endorses” Rubio he refrains from taking a dig at him, something like, “I predict BIG things from Little Marco!”. The Trump from 2018 wouldn’t have let that slide.

(Though to be fair, since the statement felt the need to bring up that Rubio ruled ‘Trump is in no way involved with Russia’, maybe there are more specific reasons he’s holding his tongue in this case)

3 Likes

In the “night spots” that Rubio used to frequent, those would probably be referred to as “love handles.” Helpful when one’s vision is obscured by shrubbery.

1 Like

Oh, that cheesy 1960s organ. You gotta love it!

4 Likes

It’s like one of these RWNJ organizations (militias, “white heritage” protectors, whatever) that puts out an Official Press Release, as opposed to the ordinary, unimportant kind. That “official” really lends gravitas.

3 Likes

I like Senators who don’t beg for an endorsement from a seditionist who tried to overthrow the government and the constitutional order.

2 Likes

The video reaction guy I like calls it “the church” organ.

Yeah, but what a thought-provoking name for a band! Really profound. Almost as good as Rod Torfulson’s Armada, featuring Herman Menderchuck.

1 Like

There’s also the question of whether he even wrote this. Simplest explanation is Ivanka decided no and they’re doing some fence-mending. Some wag said yesterday that Trump 2.0 the Palm Beach Kingmaker is a New Coke-level failure; nobody cares what he says or does too much, and he doesn’t seem to care himself.

2 Likes

I think Ivanka may be a little preoccupied right now.

3 Likes

It’s also a way of pre-emptively saying no, you’re not kidding, this is really a thing you mean seriously. :smile:

2 Likes

The more I read about Boehner and what he’s saying the more I wonder why he was a Repug.

3 Likes

Ohio, I suppose. One of the first wingnuts I ever met moved to my area from Ohio.

3 Likes

Oh, this is his doing, all right - we can be ‘reassured’ that literally no one else in this country would be that fucking stupid as to bring up the Russian interference they got impeached for when they had no need to. (Even O.J. doesn’t go around chiming in on, “Remember the criminal trial found me not guilty!”)

Personally, I think the antics at Mar-a-Lago are approaching “Weekend at Bernie’s” territory - so many people are still in thrall to the guy and so much fundraising is at stake they’re actively covering up for how he’s turned into a demented doddering idiot.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the best explanation. Given how much he really disliked so many top GOP.

3 Likes

If, for some reason, Trump et. al decided that Rubio was insufficiently subservient, a prior endorsement would not be an obstacle. Seriously, Rubio is just a late arriving Big Mac away from a rival, endorsed by 45.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available