Trump Downplays Reported Escape Of ‘Easily Recaptured’ Islamic State Prisoners | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump on Monday downplayed the reported escape of Islamic State prisoners that he said could be “easily recaptured” in Northern Syria.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1255691

“The President must realize he made a huge mistake,” Kildmeade said, adding: “I think the most disturbing thing is they say hundreds of ISIS fighters have gotten out and our quest to get the worst of the worst out before the Turks got there has failed.”

Never happen. He’ll never realize what he’s done, because he’s always the best - a hallmark of NPD.

42 Likes

“easily recaptured”

Then you should go there and do that #45. The video would be tops in next year’s Oscar race.

You ninny.

24 Likes

More like America’s Funniest Home Videos.

1 Like

Syria is a damned tricky problem with no good answers, but this was the greatest foreign policy own-goal since we invaded Iraq. Galactically, fractally stupid in every possible way.

Dumbfuck.

65 Likes

“Trump on Monday downplayed the reported escape of Islamic State prisoners that he said could be ‘easily recaptured’ in Northern Syria.”

Oh, look – Trump’s very own “Willie Horton” problem.

Hundreds and hundreds of them…

(Enjoy the 2020 attack ads, Donald!)

58 Likes

You think it’ll matter? I don’t.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t care what the Liar-In-Chief has to say. I am far more interested in hearing how Moscow Mitch is spinning this news. I haven’t seen much reporting on the members of Congress this weekend.

19 Likes

How can this puny Putin ass kisser down talk the horror we see happening before our very own eyes?

I never brought into his bullshit and NEVER WILL!

IMPEACH THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!

16 Likes

If Isis commits a single atrocity going forward in a western country or releases one of those beheading videos, his campaign is completely dead, if it isn’t already.

16 Likes

Goes with his “alliances are easy” pronouncement earlier. Everything is so simple for a simpleton.

16 Likes

Easy for him, 'cuz he’s not going to do jack.

Reminds me of my worst-bedside-manner doctor joke.

Patient: “Hey doc, I’m worried about [insert your favorite concerning symptom here].”
Doctor: “Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that! After all, it’s on you, not me. Why would I?”

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure the most “disturbing thing[s]” are the reports of Kurdish civilians being summarily murdered that have started to come out.

35 Likes

His ignorance and idiocy know no bounds.

7 Likes

by who? The Kurds being attacked by Turkey, the US which is withdrawing, who is going to easily recapture them? Is he saying the US is going to send troops back in or something, as usual he says these things with no content or meaning behind them.

20 Likes

Puny foxnews human, do not attempt to contradict the great and unmatched wisdom of your ubergoober.

9 Likes

No he needs to be out of office before that happens! He needs to be removed from office! If the senate refuses to do so, there will be an uprising across our own land! Time to put the MOTHERFUCKER OUT!

4 Likes

and don’t forget how easy it is to win a trade war.

23 Likes

And you know how bad it is when Brian f’ing Kilmeade is the one making sense.

32 Likes

Brian Kilmeade offered a pointed criticism of the President, saying the result of the U.S. withdrawal had “been worse than anyone could have imagined.”

No, it is just as every expert warned would happen. No imagination was needed.

48 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available