Trump Downplays Reported Escape Of ‘Easily Recaptured’ Islamic State Prisoners | Talking Points Memo

They’ll never see it on Faux Noise.

2 Likes

Now is the time to get Pence on record in support of Trump’s move.

31 Likes

When the Rethug Senate refuses to convict and remove, there won’t be any “uprising” from the populace at large. Hopefully, it will energize our side + Indies to vote for the Dem candidate Nov. 2020. Hopefully.

ETA: If there’s some sort of terrorist act perpetrated in our country for which IS takes credit for, the Rethugs will suffer blowback for it. These actions aren’t going to garner them some sort of faux patriotic glory.

5 Likes

The ignorance and cynicism of this human scab know no equal…

7 Likes

Never ending wars will end!

Which is why he’s sending 1000+ more American troops mercenaries to Saudi Arabia??

41 Likes

After failing to get Osama Bin Laden (in significant part because he was distracted by the ramp-up to his war of choice under false pretenses in Iraq), Bush the Lesser started to say that he wasn’t all that important a target.

It took another guy to finally get him. Who was that, again?

Obama and Biden await updates on bin Laden.jpg
By Pete Souza - White House Flickr Feed, Public Domain, Link

19 Likes

I predict Kilmeade will get back on script within a week. Liz Cheney has already come out saying that Erdogan invaded Syria because of the Dem impeachment inquiry.

15 Likes

To be fair, they won’t see much of it elsewhere as it goes on. Our press ahas always been terrible at reminding people what is happening to the non combatants in any war we are in. They rarely report anything but US casualties.

9 Likes

Great and unmatched wisdom again. He never disappoints, does he?

4 Likes

I don’t think it would be completely dead. Trump would find a way to twist the story to suit him and the MSM would be more than complicit in the support of his interpretation. In conventional campaigns, you’d be absolutely correct, but this isn’t conventional.

@brooklyndweller

2 Likes

I think every one of these GOP pricks will start going around with a portable set of elevator doors they can close in front of them if a reporter asks them a question.

29 Likes

The lede from an article by James Hohmann at the Washington Post.

THE BIG IDEA: Vladimir Putin has won so much these past three years that he may get tired of winning.

The U.S. intelligence community’s January 2017 report on Russian interference in the previous year’s presidential campaign sought to explain why Donald Trump was so attractive to Moscow. This sentence has fresh salience: “Pro-Kremlin proxy Vladimir Zhirinovskiy, leader of the nationalist Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, proclaimed just before the election that if [Trump] won, Russia would ‘drink champagne’ in anticipation of being able to advance its positions on Syria and Ukraine.”

32 Likes

Trump: “The check cleared and life is a cash business.”

8 Likes

He’s crazy. Maybe we should start saying that ttump started the whole thing in order to get reelected, because he saw Bush got a boost from the Iraq war.

11 Likes

The Buffoon-in-Chief can never confess reality or take responsibility for his actions. Remember “lacks the required temperament to hold the office of President of the United States?”

8 Likes

‘“The President must realize he made a huge mistake,” Kildmeade said,’

Fat chance. Kildmeade has not been paying attention. Trump will double up. He cannot admit error, period.

Obviously, many of us are in the same frame of mind on this.

3 Likes

Kurds may be releasing some to get us involved.

So, now Trump is going to compound his complicity in ethnic cleansing by attempting to tar the Kurds as willfully and dangerously irresponsibly manipulative.
He really does see himself in everyone else’s behavior.

20 Likes

I get depressed thinking how much this dotard has gotten away with so far.

Then I feel a measure of optimism as to how clear his incompetence is for all to see.

And then I’m depressed again thinking of how it took all these wasted human lives to rekindle my ‘optimism’.

10 Likes

Grab the patent on that. You’ll make a bundle.

7 Likes

Well, I’m glad someone is tired of all the winning. Me? Not so much.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available