Trump DOJ Allegedly Stymied Probe Into Whether He Took Egyptian Cash, WaPo Reports

Originally published at: Trump DOJ Allegedly Stymied Probe Into Whether He Took Egyptian Cash, WaPo Reports

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Hmmm … A new report out this morning in the WaPo reveals extensive new details about a since-closed federal investigation into whether Egypt funneled $10 million to Donald Trump during his 2016 campaign for president.…

2 Likes

FRIST!

Cat…

58 Likes

What, no cats?

[Edited kitten screenshot]

25 Likes

Man, them grapes sure are sour, aren’t they, DonOLD??

And this is how you find out that Pootie is cheating on you.

Excuse me while I chortle.

92 Likes

ThirD Fourth. Slow fingers.

55 Likes

Nope, fourth.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I pretty much expect that Trump and Republicans are going to use the August congressional recess to relentlessly jawbone the press (to include visiting editorial boards, etc.), or as Josh Marshall says, “work the refs,” to prevent the MSM from making Trump and Vance look bad. After all, in 2000, they pitched Al Gore, the arrogant bore who yawned during a debate, the Swiftboat in 2004, and Hillary’s emails in 2016 – and the MSM cheerfully transmitted each meme. The GOP will do what they can to make the media get with the program.

Of course, what the MSM decides will be purely instrumental, determined by which meme gets the most ratings/clicks: Trump and Vance as mascara-wearing weirdos, or Harris as childless DEI hire with crappy-Jew husband?

We can safely assume that Issue One will not be saving democracy.

56 Likes

106 Likes

152 Likes

Posted this on another thread, but funny enough to post a second time:

58 Likes

Puppy!!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

I find the Egypt story deeply improbable. Not that he took the bung, but that he didn’t keep it.

ETA though it looks like Sisi didn’t trust TCF as far as he could throw the corrupt man baby, as he wanted to see the receipts before he’d reimburse. Smart man

Feels like WaPo is moving against TCF, he’s going to be ballistic about the story. Hope his blood pressure is ok…

43 Likes

60 Likes

Henceforth “DEI hire” means nepotism.

I’m cool with that.

28 Likes

“Oceania has ALWAYS been at war with Eastasia.”

29 Likes

Ah, the classic pyramid scheme of corruption. Of course Donald Trump did it.

28 Likes

And by ‘OK’ you mean, maybe, 170/130?

24 Likes

They are at the US - Mexico border, with their claims of how Biden Is letting everyone in. And how the VP failed at her “Border Czar” mission.

No mention of the Border-Immigration bill they voted against because a convicted felon wanted the border to look bad as a campaign issue.

44 Likes

“I’m going to be writing in Ron Paul for president”

Ron Paul? I thought he was dead. I guess neither Biden or TDICFFG are old enough for him

16 Likes

I’m using this.

15 Likes