Trump Demands FBI Give Back Documents He Rightfully Stole

Cheap insult rather than rebut a single point. And as a matter of fact, I’ve obtained millions of dollars in USDoE Office of Innovation grants - which translated into substantially helping our kids. But this is just casting pearls before swine. An educator who doesn’t even know how your state education system works? Arrogance meets ignorance meets laziness.

Huh. There are times, castor, where you have really great insights. Here and there I will keep reading you for that. Then there is the jackass lout side of you - how is that “NATO will make Ukraine a no-fly zone any day now!”

Further confirming you don’t know jack shit about standardized testing - but you sure think you do. I’ve seen that a zillion times.

Test developers say that about Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia, two name two. As if test developers don’t know the limits. But that just squares with your ignorance.

Nope.

Once again you prove unworthy of any more of my attention.

No - you missed my point. This is world-wide, and really there aren’t any bad guys here. Kids learn math in school. It just is. Nothing to do with Math education per se, whatever issues there are there.

FWIW, I think that Math education continues to improve. This may be uneven. With valid and reliable assessments, in my little corner of the education world, we have been upping math proficiency. (This is just one instance, although a BFD at work.) It’s reading that is the real battleground. Upping language, literacy and communication among young poor inner-city kids is our toughest nut.

@philmore, didn’t your mama ever teach you that, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing?

You’ve spent the last few days insulting and denigrating other members here. I am sure you have something good to contribute here, but I am not seeing it.

Why not take some time away from the site and come back when you’re feeling a little better and not quite so antagonistic.

Have a great evening and a better tomorrow,

The harm from such ignorance and misinformation is the problem.

Grandma said, “If you can’t say something nice about someone . . . aww, just go ahead and make fun of them.”

I had a great evening: awarded $2.5 million in mental health funds for our traumatized kids. I worked on that.

On the internet, 14 year-olds can write definitions of stupid things.
This future is stupid. I want my personal jetpak.

I love your paper holder.

1 Like

I think mine might still be in my father’s house.

1 Like

yeah, if I were in contact with the Demons of the Hoary Netherworld I would be asking them for the winning lotto numbers or something

1 Like

My poor old giraffe, he’s lost his googly eyes, and felt ears long ago.
But come on this has to be the most practical art project that any kindergartener ever made their mother in any year. He’s 50+ years and still going strong.

1 Like

Intact family is proving to be one of the defining metrics. That, and gender. When you roughly match families by socioeconomic, intact families’ kids outperform those from broken homes.You will see more on this in the coming years. Single families can certainly overcome, as my kids will testify.

" I object to the bridge because it is for TRANSportation - which will make my kid gay when he crosses it. "

2 Likes
1 Like

I do. Like many other people, I’ve taken versions of them.

And much of it doesn’t measure anything at all save your ability to test well and memorize bullshit.

Real life, you have endless resources at your fingertips, memorizing when the battle of 1066 happened or how long the 30-year war lasted is purely an exercise in memorization and being able to regurgitate specific things on demand in a limited window of time.

Back in the real world, knowledge of how to look up when the Battle of Hastings took place is more valuable, but you’ll not see standardized tests working to figure that out, too complicated.

Well, we’re doing pretty well there. Lviv and the West have gone totally silent, been a bit since Kyiv was hit.

Ukraine has been getting significant influxes of jets, the remaining attacks outside of the active combat zones are all cruise missiles. Also received lots of anti-aircraft and counter-missile equipment.

So pretty well, all things considered. I’d have hoped for a direct and active role enforcing it, but if we have to do it the sideways way, providing toys and Intel but not allowed to shoot it ourselves, that’s how things are going to play out.

1 Like

I tend to change my mind when I see clear evidence. It’s called “rational thinking”.

You’ve “written” and “looked at data”. Big fat hairy deal. Deal with 400 students a week in a real classroom like I did every day. The kids skipped out on on-line learning because they weren’t supervised and hated it. They stayed home and played X-Box and hung out on social media. Teachers were having fits trying to keep up with missing children who wouldn’t log in. We handed out over 1000 Chromebooks and fed families etc. We came back this year and everything went smoothly. Kids fell right back into their routine. I know of no kids who were traumatized by missing school. I’m sure there are some somewhere but it’s not a large number.

ETA: The Department of Ed did NOTHING.

1 Like

Damn. Hate having to like one of your posts. :wink:

While those things get a bad rap, there are a lot of cognitive skills that get engaged in both of those arenas. Typically gets discounted because it’s not the “traditional” way of learning, but there is real value there.

Sure, the lack of physical activity in those isn’t helpful, but for expanding minds, absolutely. Even a simple game like call of duty, much maligned, contains a lot of education, including things like teamwork to achieve goals, analysis of maps to determine best places to “kill”, AI vulnerabilities in single player modes and other stuff. Let alone the social interactions and possibilities there.

The biggest risk to our kids, to me, is to tell them that they’re victims and they’re going to be behind unless they catch up. Kids internalize that shit in so many ways.

2 Likes

Well, see, it’s kinda like this “white-collar crime” thing. That describes boring, untelegenic, can’t-even-understand-half-the-words kinda crimes. Unlike the kind of crimes the so-called base likes to be tough on (you know, like selling loosies), because it’s actually just a code word for whomping on the dark-skinned types.

4 Likes

“The power of Trump declassifies you!”

JZDd

4 Likes

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available