Trump Defends Noem, Suggests She Maybe Didn’t Read Her Book ‘Carefully.’ She Did. - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Donald Trump has weighed in on the Kristi Noem dog-shooting drama, offering the South Dakota governor, who was long considered on the short list to be Trump’s running mate until the past few weeks, plenty of bizarre cover for revealing she killed a dog and may have lied about a meeting with Kim Jong Un.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1489662

That’s a bold position to take for Old Yeller.

19 Likes

My question is can Noem read?

13 Likes

Another topic for which Trump brings nothing to the table.

15 Likes

She is a liar which means Trump backs her.
Maybe not bold for Trump just normal.

10 Likes

She read the audio version for christ’s sake.

15 Likes

The ex-President continued, ‘look maybe she’s not that bright–but she’s not afraid to pull the trigger, and that’s what America needs.’

19 Likes

He just thinks it would be cool to be able to grab the Vice President of the United States’ pussy.

That’s her qualification in his worm riddled brain.

How Republicans think is beyond me, I guess it’s just anarchy and every man for themselves. I suppose they think Mad Max movies are like how to’s on You Tube.

9 Likes

Can Ian Fury actually be a real name?

3 Likes

Serious question: Has the former president ever been pictured with a dog?

They’re probably too good at judging character to get near him, but they might like that lingering hint of Russian micturation.

10 Likes

But she’s a terrific person. She had a bad week. We all have bad weeks.

Terrific people don’t shoot dogs.

Here’s to many more bad weeks to come for Noem and Trump.

23 Likes

I don’t know of tfg being pictured anywhere near a dog; although, he did act like one that’d just been chastised:

18 Likes

Only in This Is Spinal Tap. Might be related to Duke Fame.

4 Likes

I think, “I was just following orders,” was despatched as a defense at Nuremberg.

2 Likes

“Trump addressed the scandal and placed the blame for the toxic anecdote and the Kim Jong Un errors on a ghostwriter. He then suggested that she didn’t read the final manuscript “carefully” enough.”

I’m gonna make the call now, Noem is gonna be his VP. To the MAGAts she doesn’t need to have a brain OR morals, those are actual impediments. She just needs to be a pretty face and do what she’s told.

10 Likes

Trump Defends Noem, Suggests She Maybe Didn’t Read Her Book ‘Carefully.’ She Did.

… …
This js proof positive donald did not read the “books he wrote”. I submit he cannot read. When my lab published our work in scientific nerdy journals like Proceedings of the National Academy of Science we personally wrote the papers and edited them to perfection. I was famous among my students for my shitty spelling. But our stuff was not “ghost written”.
Noem shot her dog and a goat. She revels in cruelty is what that tells me.

26 Likes

So basically she was unsure of which lies her PR flacks invented for her.

6 Likes

“Bad Day to be a Goat”

“Showdown at the Gravel Pit Corral”

11 Likes

Shorter Trump: So what if she read it out loud. Doesn’t mean she heard a word she was saying. I should know!

3 Likes

My question: What mid-sized domestic vertebrate will Elise Stefanik have to kill before she can catch Trump’s fancy. Would a llama work? Does she have a gravel pit? Does she even own a shotgun?

21 Likes