Trump, DA’s Office Make Their Closing Arguments To The Jury - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Would you put Eric and Jr. on the stand and expose them to cross examination?

9 Likes

Then he can’t complain that those two weren’t heard from, nor any of the other potential witnesses the defense didn’t call.

It hearkens back to the earlier argument Merchan put up that the defense didn’t object when statements were made during the Stormy testimony. That’s on them.

9 Likes

They just decided to not call witnesses that would prove tfg innocent for… reasons…

8 Likes

Boy, Blanche is pulling out ALL the excuses. Next, it will be “my dog entered the records into the accounting system.”

I know the defense doesn’t have to even present a defense, but they also don’t have to bring a vat of over-cooked spaghetti into their closing argument…

14 Likes

NYT Liveblog:

Todd Blanche is now walking a very thin line as he seeks to convince the jurors that there was no intent by Trump to defraud — a legal concept at the heart of the case — without trespassing into the judge’s territory. Every time Blanche says the phrase “intent to defraud,” the judge stares over at him — but thus far, Justice Merchan has not said anything.

20 Likes

LOL This is the part where I tell you about the time in traffic court where the guy ahead of me snatched a piece of paper from the clerk and was held in contempt by the judge. The guy got 30 days in jail for that little stunt. I was up next and immediately began stuttering and stammering and referring to the judge as “Sir, your honor, sir.” The judge dismissed my case and howled with laughter as he realized how terrified I was. Judge Merchan merely dressed down Costello for his bad behavior, which included not only eye-rolling but also an attempt to strike testimony as if he were the judge. The judge in my traffic court case would have thrown his ass in jail.

38 Likes

But you can’t stand there, now, and complain that they weren’t called.

Putting those two idiots on the stand would’ve been a heyday for the prosecution, but one can’t argue that they weren’t called when they weren’t called.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s really a secret clue from Q

2 Likes

And he didn’t do it in front of the jury

12 Likes

Finally, the Real Defendant

…at least for the defense: It’s Michael Cohen.

But he’s already served his time. So no, it’s not for anyone other than for TIFBG.

And the jury knows this.

3 Likes

Harry Litman

@harrylitman

Jury seems flagging a bit to me.

AMI pro-Trump practices, inc catch and kill, had been going on since 1990’s. good business for them, led to good relationships w/ celebrities.
no crime–it’s what all campaigns do.

7 Likes

Made for Jasmine Crockett by a rapper.

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Body Song Lyrics

Well I saw the thing with some politicos
It had bleach blonde hair and only three toes
I commenced to shakin’ and I said “Ooh-eee”
It looks like a bad butch body to me

It was a bleach blonde bad-built butch body congresswoman
(bleach blonde bad-built butch body congresswoman)
A bleach blonde bad-built butch body congresswoman
Sure looks strange to me (three toes?)

Well she came up from Georgia and she sat in the House
She didn’t make many friends and even lost her spouse
Her constituents wanted her to represent
She said “I’m only here for the MAGA President”

It was a bleach blonde bad-built butch body congresswoman
(bleach blonde bad-built butch body congresswoman)
A bleach blonde bad-built butch body congresswoman
Sure looks strange to me

I said Mrs Taylor Greene, what’s your line?
And she said, “Being in Congress and it sure is fine”
But I’m not passing laws or making decrees
“I wanna spread some Q-Anon conspiracies”

She’s a neanderthal, screw y’all, butch body congresswoman
Three-toed, overgrowed, butch body congresswoman
(we plant pipe bombs)
butch body congresswoman
Call her MTG

16 Likes

NYT Liveblog (good point made by Haberman):

One thing that seems to be a real risk for Todd Blanche here: his repeated references to Michael Cohen as both a) a liar and b) Trump’s personal attorney. The jury is ultimately going to have to grapple with something the prosecutors will point to: Cohen is who Trump hired

20 Likes

The jury has heard all this nonsense before. Blanche is not bringing any new information to the jury and it wasn’t convincing the first time.

8 Likes

Blanche is off to a really ho-hum start here.

If he drones on like this for two and a half hours, the jury will vote to give Trump the electric chair.

29 Likes

“She entered the payments into the Trump Org’s tracking system thinking that they were legitimate expenses.”

well… now what on earth could have given her that impression?

4 Likes

11 Likes

Seized in judgement…that is the biggie. Not only would that be a goodly blow to Chump, but a huge PR hit. Think of the headlines.

5 Likes

Moreover.

Harry Litman

@harrylitman

at any given time, a piece of evidence up on screen but more often than not he’s not referring to it but just making oral presentation.

It’s like me in Uni, giving a seminar in plant ecology, showing slides of desert plant adaptations and talking about the boreal forest.

14 Likes

Lots of monarchical insinuation in the defense. “He was running the country… campaigning for President… most powerful man in the world…”

Legalities? That’s for little people.

10 Likes