Trump, DA’s Office Make Their Closing Arguments To The Jury - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Harry Litman

@harrylitman

My two takeaway points from this first 1/2 of his summation: 1. leads and emphasizes foremost, foolishly it seems to me, on argument that the 34 docs aren’t false. 2. Very few dynamics, meandering presentation, overall near monotone.

1/2 hour or so on Cohen tape of McDougal conversation–Blanche poking holes in certain details–eg Cohen didn’t answer incoming call; but they don’t at all undercut prosecution story

12 Likes

A couple interesting point from our Josh K on hie twitter

15 Likes

Not I. Anyone else?

3 Likes

I never left.

Associated Press:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s campaign on Tuesday showed up outside former President Donald Trump’s New York City criminal hush money trial in an effort to refocus the presidential race on the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol insurrection.

Biden’s team, which had largely ignored the trial since it began six weeks ago, was looking to capitalize on its drama-filled closing moments, sending actor Robert De Niro and some of the first responders at the Capitol that day. A top adviser said they weren’t there to talk about the trial, rather to exploit the large media focus on the legal proceedings.

10 Likes

Nope - crashed again after about a minute or so.

2 Likes

Seriously, it could be a problem with Cloudflare, which isn’t unheard of, or, it could simply be TPM’s servers, (also likely a cloud service from one provider or another), melting down because it was not spec’ed to handle as much traffic as it may be getting this morning.

ETA: I’ve been getting errors, too, from Cludflare in Chicago. (I’m in Des Moines, Iowa, so Cloudflare’s Chi-town servers serve up TPM to me.)

4 Likes

Then I have no hope of access when a verdict is actually handed down.

They don’t have much time to resolve this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks. I don’t see why they had to do this today…

OK, thanks.

2 Likes

We need Josh to create a group chat on his phone, and text the lot of us…

15 Likes

20 Likes

He heard you…but it’s X

18 Likes

Am I trapped inside this thread?

18 Likes

I haven’t had any problems with the direct link to the liveblog. It bypasses the home page.

ETA: Don’t follow this advice.

Trump, DA’s Office Make Their Closing Arguments To The Jury - TPM – Talking Points Memo

2 Likes

Discourse is working OK for me. Just the tpm homepage is crapped out.

5 Likes

I just got a 503 here.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Bingo.

Staying above the fray is a losing strategy. Team Biden needs to constantly remind voters that Trump is a (soon-to-be-convicted) criminal as often as possible. It won’t change the minds of the MAGA faithful, but it only needs to sway a handful of wavering Republican voters to be successful.

20 Likes

“President Trump is in the real estate business,”

Also was just found guilty of massive fraud for said business including claiming his apartment was triple the size it actually was.

12 Likes