Trump, DA’s Office Make Their Closing Arguments To The Jury - TPM – Talking Points Memo

He is a celebrity who understands politics and the damage another trump win would have, and is willing to speak up about it. That is why he is there.

16 Likes

Ron Filipkowski

@RonFilipkowski

Yeah, I’m sorry I don’t get the whole DeNiro presser outside the courthouse at all. Not sure who came up with that idea. Do something else somewhere else some other time.

5 Likes

@musgrove

I think Ron and I agree. It’s fine, but not really necessary, at least not at this moment…

Would you rather have the media talk about this or cover another pro trump group talking outside.

2 Likes

Good point!

Not sure whether it’s good politics, but I’m old and stodgy.

17 Likes

I’d rather everyone wait for the verdict and then go out en masse and counter all the nonsense the pro-TIFBGers will be spewing.

Let Justice turn its wheels.

WOW, I thought I’d minimize engagement by only looking at Live Blog and Harry Litman. So surprised that TPM crashed. But looking at it as a gift to my blood pressure.

3 Likes

I go to the store for four hours this afternoon, so I suppose I’ll spend the evening trying to catch up on the blog.

4 Likes

Meh, better to not let one side keep filling the airways. People who can should be en masse from now until votes are done.

2 Likes

I don’t think he forgot, I think he was an asshole on purpose-because that’s what Trump wanted; someone to “hit back ten times harder” at the judge who so wounded trump by holding him to the standard rules.

ETA: you’re exactly right. It’s not “eleven dimensional chess”; just a narcissist narcissisting

20 Likes

Agreed. Wrong venue for this. It looks like Biden trying to influence a court proceeding. It’s going to misfire.

CNN is saying it was the Biden campaign’s idea.

1 Like

And now the door is open to the accusations. Wonderful…

1 Like

You mean this isn’t true?!?!

10 Likes

Or, it could be the kind of in your face approach that some activist Dems have been clamoring for.

I have no idea. We’ll see how this plays out.

29 Likes

AT last count, Merchan sustained two objections by the prosecution to Blanche’s closing argument.

I’m surprised there haven’t been more, but the day is young.

23 Likes

Ummmm… Trump has been screaming that this entire proceeding was a Biden scheme since before the indictment got handed down; I don’t think anyone was waiting on permission.

26 Likes

Is there any confirmation that Biden has anything to do with this press event in NY?

And we’re back…

4 Likes

Blanche is making mince-meat of the prosecution’s case, so the librul media is blocking access to the story, obviously.

8 Likes

When these dark-outs happen, I have to wonder if other sites suffer the same outcomes, especially when things are active as they are today.

I’d be having some serious talks with my technical team, with respect to the frequency of these dark-outs.

Because now I have 503 again on refresh.

2 Likes