Trump Coughs Up $2 Million To Settle Charges Over His Scammy Foundation | Talking Points Memo

Why, yes. Yes he can.

2 Likes

Call them an telll them to loos that delicate pair and grow a vag!!

In 2017, Trump grifted $17 million from taxpayers for damage to Mar-a-Lago that never happened. Maybe he’s still using that slush fund.

3 Likes

The $25 million dollar Trump University was another grift.

1 Like

Should of said the 25 million dollar settlement.

This should be on the front page of every newspaper in the country and the lead story on the nightly news however it won’t happen.

1 Like

Ugh, I TOH-tully remember when this happened to Obama.

2 Likes

There it is

There was never one second of one day that Trump actually thought about charity or anything associated with charity or giving. And because of the very. very low level of contributions he ever received, I am sure most people who would normally give to good causes stayed clear because they knew this about him. Any money that gets into Trump’s proximity is considered by him to be his money, and that includes not only charities but taxpayer dollars and money that should go to other people in his business dealings.

One of the anecdotes in the book that Rick Reilley wrote about Trump’s cheating at golf (Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump) involved a man who asked Trump to help him raise money for a golf related charity. When an event came up that required Trump to put his face on the charity and get in front of an audience to solicit donations (something he had agreed to do contractually), he tried to shake the guy down for a percentage of the money about 10 minutes before he was supposed to appear on stage.

This book is actually one of the best I have read about Trump - certainly better than the Woodward book. I would highly recommend it, but it does require a very strong stomach if you actually like golf or sports in general.

5 Likes

Seems to be a possible case on NY State and Federal Taxes.

Did he sign the annual tax returns for the Foundation?

3 Likes

Yep, on my Surprise Meter, it’s right between “The Sun will Rise” and “The Sun Will Set” indicator.

1 Like
Trump Coughs Up $2 Million To Settle Charges Over His Scammy Foundation

Headline writer misspelled “scummy.”

1 Like

Nope.

He had to pay $250,000 to each of 8 charities, and then divide the $1.8 million in the charity’s account among the same 8 charities.

9 Likes

Just out of curiosity, have you read “The Making of Donald Trump” by David Cay Johnston?
It’s the only Trump book I’ve read… so far.
It gave a lot of background on the type of person he is.

2 Likes

any chance we can get back a few 100 million wasted on this creeps golf outings?
it’s just another check. lol

as a native New Yorker, don’t need to read a book.
Lived it, surprised he made to 40 years old the way problems were solved back then. Lots of concrete flowed in those days.
I 'm sure he was walking the fine line a few times headed to where the fishes swim or where concrete hardens forever…

1 Like

I guess all of us have that Fiona Hill moment when we realize all these fuckers are in on it. When it comes to health care policy, the US has a wide selection of better and more affordable health care models to choose from (the Nordic Model at about 11% of GDP, the Swiss Model at 12% of GDP, the Singapore DIY approach at 4% of GDP, etc). The US Model at 18% of GDP has a serious free-rider problem. So it was today when we learned about free-rider protector, Price successor and serial Hatch-Act violater Seema Verma sticking it to the people for lost Ivanka trinkets. It’s fraud all the way down with these people.

5 Likes

Ooh! That’s a good question. I forgot about Form 990. Falsifying that form is a federal crime.

1 Like

If they do thst they’ll end up as former Reprrsentatives anyway, better to ho down fighting than cowering

I committed a crime by misusing money intended for charitable organizations.
-Donald J Trump

2 Likes

No, the total ordered distributed is the sum of 2 million plus what was in the account.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available