Trump Clearly Feels Betrayed By Latest Fox Poll: ‘I Don’t Know What’s Happening’

President Trump’s increasing vexation toward his favorite cable news network reached a new height over the weekend when he expressed genuine disbelief over Fox News’ latest poll, which featured him losing by head-to-head match up against four top Democrats.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1243358
1 Like

“I don’t know what’s happening”… that’s been pretty obvious since he stepped into the job.

119 Likes

Reality is a real bitch, eh, fatso?

40 Likes

All he had to do was smile and say, “It’s a long time until the election and I think polls have been wrong before.” But no, he has to trash one of the few organizations in the world that want to help him. And he has to confuse its viewers—if he tells them not to trust FOX, there’s “something going on,” where do they go for teevee? Self-destructive as usual because he’s mentally ill. He has skills, we know that, but coping with reality isn’t one of them.

109 Likes

As Hitler remarked in the Reichsbunker shortly before he pulled the plug:

“Ach, when you’ve lost Der Stürmer, you’ve lost Middle Germany.”

25 Likes

Maybe the Daily Stormer will conduct a “poll” that shows Trump at 90% approval…

26 Likes

Fox finally realizes you are beyond help and will totally fuck us all over if they don’t help to eject you from office?

Interesting looking movie btw

15 Likes

Putting Fox in the same “you can only believe them when they support me” as other media outlets …

If he had a plan, a strategy of some kind, it could be to scare Fox into thinking they’ll lose viewers and ad revenue if Trump goes negative on them.

But, he doesn’t. It’s only deranged reflexes in action.

33 Likes

So Dotard’s favorite “news” site going forward will be: Drudge? Redstate?

6 Likes

An option that probably did not even occur to him.

And here’s another: not commenting on the poll at all.

54 Likes

“They treat me like this, and after I’ve given them the best man-boobs of my life!”

11 Likes

There he is smelling his hand again!

20 Likes

What’s happening is that Fix Schmooze has an occasional brush with reality.

9 Likes

Tell Trump a lie and he will love you.
Tell Trump the truth and he will feel betrayed.

45 Likes

Per usual, everyone else is wrong. What’s the next step beyond narcissistic? Egomaniacal still seems too tame.

18 Likes

I think the best campaign promise the Democratic nominee could make is: “You will hear from me no more than twice per week, barring a life-threatening national emergency.” That alone would give them a landslide victory.

43 Likes

Actually, his stance is quite reasonable.

He spends his days at the WH and on the golf course surrounded by sychophants like Miller who tell him how much everyone loves him and what he is doing.

So when people outside of his bubble suggest that, in a head-to-head match-up against Hitler, he loses in a landslide, of course that’s shocking and wrong.

60 Likes

All he knows how to do is rip into other people and claim he’s a victim. He’s so predictable.

36 Likes

Trump said “I don’t know what’s happening . . .

laugh

12 Likes

Actually, that is a damn good question. Late night infomercials?

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available