I wish she’d tell him to f— off and die!
And the first shot in the circular firing squad is fired by… Congratulations, esperia! You win!
Aaaaaaand… the second shot! Also fired against “the left”!
I think I’m beginning to sense a pattern here…
Not sure who won, but I am sure where the first two shots came from – and against whom they were directed.
Damn right, shot fired. Some on “the left” are not immune to crazy talk and nutty conspiracies. Don’t like it, too bad.
Case in point (for the person upthread who suggested I was making things up when I relayed how there is thought Nancy is colluding with trump):
Just stay in your lane, Racist Pussy Grabber!
Maxine Waters.
k
At this time I’m back and forward on here, but there’s an obvious reason why I said ‘k’.
Oh, that’s just one pick. Lots more available. In a few years, Ayanna Pressley, Katie Porter or Pramila Jayapal would be awesome. But hey, you asked, several times, in a public forum.
The reason you said ‘k’ is obvious only to you, but I’ve come to accept it as part of your shtick. I’m on and off as well, so enjoy your weekend.
Oh, look, I found a tweet! News flash: someone said something bizarre on Twitter!
Film at 11.
You found a tweet. Congratulations. For some reason, I juat can’t summon up the energy to get all that exercised at what “Dr. ReeterMcKeeter” says on the electric Twitter machine.
Keep firing! Bang bang, you’re dead, bad lefties!
There’s lots of stuff out there on the intarwebs. Read at your own risk. Be discerning. Steer clear of cesspools. Meanwhile, we’re talking about this board, and it’s very revealing who fired the first 2 shots, and at whom.
Ponies! Unicorns! Purity! Glitterfarts! Delusionalentitledpetulantinfantiletantrum!
I love it when people think their own shit don’t stink.
I’m back n as of now, the problem is that we live in a ‘fast food’ political era. People want quick results and if they don’t get it, it’s onto the next one and that’s my fear with ‘Speaker Waters’
Also, this was included in a blog post on the WaPo that was published at nine o’clock this morning (everything that follows this is someone else, not me):
Her moderate allies, especially people of color, were more candid:
“All I can say is, I don’t know what she meant by that,” [Rep. Gregory W.] Meeks said of the “singling out” remarks. “Clearly the speaker has been inclusive of women of color. When you have a caucus like we have, that has been as diverse as ours, the speaker has been very inclusive.”
The tweet was “insulting” and “a big issue,” he added. “To try to compare this to what African Americans went through? . . . I think the African American community deserves an apology for that.”
Rep. Terri A. Sewell (D-Ala.), a New Democrat vice chair who is one of several moderate African Americans representing a Southern district, said she was subject to bigotry while growing up.
“So, to even insinuate that I, or any other member of the New Dems, would promote policies that are racist and hateful or ones that would negatively impact communities of color is deeply offensive and couldn’t be further from the truth."
I never thought that I would agree with the orange on anything but I do believe that the comments AOC’s cos made are despicable. One may not agree with each other but to call establishment dems segregationists is not only arrogant but divisive to no end. This is basically the Sanders arm and they are told that it’s OK to be rude, to scream and yell. Before they took their disagreements public, they should have discussed their disagreements in private with Pelosi and take them public. I still think that the Sanders wing should make their own party. I am beyond pissed about this. And I support their agenda just nt their behaviour.
Give it a rest. AOC won her district. She could say the same things and win my district. Many Democratic members of the House do not come from true-blue Democratic districts. We need these people to win. Do you want the Democrats to be intimidated by the Left’s equivalent of the Tea Party/Freedumb Caucus? These women are young and need to sit back, listen, and learn. It has nothing to do with their color or ethnic background. And by the way, AOC’s idiotic chief of staff deleted his stupid tweet after posting it.
Yeah AOC sits down and shuts up and the lights go out.
But ok.
They are becoming the Tea Party, they are it and are acting like them just promoting their agenda which I am fine with but not their behaviour. Calling Pelosi and the rest of establishment dems segregationists is pretty much as low as the orange goes.
Not sure of your point.
What is Nancy actually saying?
“We’re in the arena”, she said…
“Our diversity is our strength and our unity is our power.”
I’m on board with everything “the squad” wants. But, while the fight is taking place, it’s unacceptable for AOC’s staff to take public pot shots at Dems in risky districts.
Any Democrat who opens up to Maureen Dowd is asking for trouble.
RE the bill that seemed to set people off:
When the bill came back to the House, moderate Democrats forced a vote on the Senate version without amending it to include the more-liberal House provisions, defying Pelosi’s wishes and saddling her with a rare legislative loss.That Pelosi subsequently lashed out at the Squad for the first dissenting vote, rather than the centrists who foiled her plans when the Senate bill came back to the House, irked many progressive activists. It is also only the latest of many times when Pelosi has spoken dismissively about Ocasio-Cortez or her colleagues.
And it seems the centrists are the ones that continue to keep this “controversy” in the news. As I have stated in the past and as I continue to believe these are the folks who have sold out to the money class with the purpose to preserve their positions rather than to represent the constituents that elected them. Nancy is the highest-ranking member of the centrists’ click.
So yes it pisses me off bigly when folks like AOC are told to get to the back of the bus and await their turn. I’m almost at the point of saying why bother and refrain from doing so because that is exactly what those centrists desire, they also want me to STFU.
Seems to me the Democrats are. Look around. I don’t spend much time at TPM anymore so I get other points of view. But the GOP as Trump is also doing is driving a wedge into a crack in the Democratic caucus that was made by the Democrats.
Troll are out in droves posing as concerned liberals. Concerned with Pelosi being a corporate shill. Concerned that she’s pushing a conservative agenda. That she’s a racist. Not of that is true but it’s permeating the online Democrats. It’s self destructive. It’s pushed by the GOP but most Democrats are so contrarian they buy into self loathing at every opportunity.
How many times have you heard the House’s new progressives referred to as “these 4 women of color”? Pelosi’s never referred to them that way but even AOC tried to push Pelosi as a racist. A stupid as fuck thing to do and she was made to fix it. Just like Omar’s dumb as shit remarks that Pelosi had to fix. Getting the picture?
Pelosi’s not reining the “4 women of color” in on ideological grounds or racial ones. She nervous as hell that they’re giving the GOP to many talking points with ill thought out comments on Israel or using phrases like socialism or open borders. They are inexperienced! They’ll learn if their antics don’t get them booted in 2020. At least 1 will be gone. Ill bet on it. Lots.
From what I can see the Democrats are determined to prove Reagan wrong. That the 13th Commandment should be edited to say “take every bit of GOP bait you can and trash talk your own as much as you can”. This self immolation is going to prove very destructive. It’s tantamount to a suicidal decapitation strike. Kill one of the most effective leaders the Democrats have ever had and do it just like GOP trolls and Russian bots tell you to.
I am.
And, moreover, once you’ve lost tena, of all people, you might want to rething your position – and so should Pelosi.
But I very likely wouldn’t lose betting against either of those outcomes.