Trump Campaign Would Love A Government Shutdown

Originally published at: Trump Campaign Would Love A Government Shutdown

Once it became clear to House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) last week that he didn’t have the votes to attach a bill that would require proof of citizenship in order to register to vote to a must-pass stopgap spending bill to keep the government open, he said he would spend the weekend having “family conversations”…

1 Like

13 Likes

Great point, J.D.! Of course, I assume the point you’re trying to make is that no one should vote for a Republican ever again.

42 Likes

To paraphrase Jack Nicholson’s Joker from one of those Batguy movies, 'That party needs an enema.".

12 Likes

A Government shutdown would cause pain.
Republicans only talent.

22 Likes

I do believe that Skippy and Kelly Johnson will burn in hell, and very fast, once they get there, since they believe in such nonsense.

4 Likes

Amazing how these heartless and selfish GOP’ers can be to “the people” all for the sake of politics and power. God f’ed up seriously on these f’ ers!

8 Likes

Another fine example of Republican “friendly fire” which they will later blame on the Democrats

31 Likes

The game is not called “Chicken” when only you will get hit by the car. That is even Donald Trump, JD Vance and Mike Johnson know that a Government shut down hurts Republicans.

Thomas Massie may or may not be smarter than a mouse, but even he gets it.

Speaker Johnson is fake fighting by attaching a bright shiny object (that he will later abandon) to a bill that continues our path of destructive spending.

I won’t be any part of this insulting charade. I’m a hell no. https://twitter.com/ryanschmelzfox/status/1836052614431084565

— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) September 17, 2024

Which means Johnson will need to pass a funding bill with Democratic support but what else is not new.

21 Likes

“Why shouldn’t we be trying to force this government shutdown fight to get something out of it that’s good for the American people?” [Vance] said. “Like, why have a government if it’s not a functioning government?”

“Like, why have a government if it’s not a functioning government?” – because you and your fellow Republican goons shut it down, that’s why it’s not functioning, you dumb fuck.

28 Likes

No No No
He’s saying to vote for Trump so we can do away with THIS government and install Trump as Dear Leader for Life.

Please check your sub-text translation app for pending updates. :wink:

9 Likes

They ain’t gon’ git one.

3 Likes

He knows he’s toast one way or the other after the election, but he still has to go through the motions until then

8 Likes

God released the following statement in response:

“Two things. One, wasn’t me. Two, get my name out of your damn mouth!”

15 Likes

The Power of the Tongue.

6 Likes

So if “god” protected Orange Jeebus does that mean we can discontinue the Secret Service protection that doesn’t appear up to the task anyway?

25 Likes

If he has to depend on the D’s to pass it then Empty Greene will be coming for his hypocritical ass.

Over/under for how many votes it will take to replace him?

8 Likes

For which the Republicans will try to lob his head off, he is unlikely to keep Clueless Mike is unlikely to keep the Speakership in next Congress.

3 Likes

There are so many Republican districts in the Red to Blue column that I doubt Trump will get his way on this one. This is going to be a big sad for Mike Johnson.

9 Likes

I can see why people universally thought Vance might well have had an affair with a couch or couches, that it was just a natural for him, a sociopath that does not care who or what he does it to.

6 Likes