Trump Campaign Mocked On Twitter For Citing Weather As Reason To Cancel NH Rally | Talking Points Memo

This reminds me of the often seen and much derided claim on Usenet that “the lurkers support me in e-mail.”

3 Likes

Somewhere in the White House there is a map with a weather front line that is extended with a sharpie to include New Hampshire.

1 Like

I expect my school will close within a month of opening.

3 Likes

I mentioned earlier:

My daughter’s two older boys are changing schools this year (one to high school; one to middle school). For their graduations, the parents and grandparents pooled resources to purchase better laptops for distance learning, because my daughter is not at all interested in sending any of the four kids (the other two are first and second grade) back to in-person learning.

6 Likes

I read a month or so ago that 70% of parents nationwide said no way my kids are going back until they’re vaccinated.

From your link, this was telling-

Israeli media reports that most of the new cases are school children and their parents.

2 Likes

Here in Wisconsin, the mantra of ‘never let facts get in the way of a good narrative’ is on steroids.

The WI GOP had their in-person convention this week. This happened:

7 Likes

I saw that early this morning. That had to have unnerved people at least. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nervous laughter, so the article read.

And these folks are mostly older, in the GOP hierarchy. So this outcome could be very interesting.

And this is the one we know about - no telling how many might’ve been asymptomatic.

3 Likes

Hasn’t Dirtbag put his faithful Sharpie to work to show the “reel” path of the storm yet?

1 Like

Whichever ones Parscale gets a kickback from. “Real” is, of course, quite flexible. Like, Simon Biles flexible.

1 Like

1 Like

Of the 130 or so new cases, over 100 came from a superspreader.

2 Likes

Sure - and a classroom with one teacher, one or more aids and 25 kids will do the same, especially if the super spreader attends classes in several different classrooms (e.g., high school passing of classes).

This has all the hallmarks of a disaster, which could just be avoided if those in charge were more concerned with lives than with how full their pockets would be.

3 Likes

almost Death valley’s forecast is for a high of 123. We’re going up to 120 today.

2 Likes

The Nordic rule has been ten students per class, with play groups of 4 or 5. On the playgound. I understood ultra Orthodox Jews were having issues with social distancing. Apparently larger class size in Israel , which will also likely be the reason an American launch fails.

1 Like

That explains a lot. Is the 5% rain potential just a placebo to make everyone feel better? I have never seen anything less than a 10% on a forecast.

Joe Biden’s been a national public figure for nearly half a century. People know who he is, for better or worse. It’s a bit late in the game to think you can redefine him at this point.

And the mental acuity thing is just a desperate attempt to project your own weakness onto your opponent. Anyone who’s taken five minutes to listen to Joe recently knows he’s fine. Whereas anyone who’s listened to Trump…

3 Likes

I read something the other day (I need to go find the source) where Biden’s mental acuity is being degraded because of how he sometimes halts on his speech.

Turns out that’s how he gets his life-long stutter under control. He waits moments to get a grip on his words and then goes on.

But the craven Trump and company make that out to be an assessment against Joe being sharp enough to be Pres. Of course, they do that while Trump stumbles over words with no such underlying condition.

ETA: maybe this article supports…

3 Likes

And halting or not, Biden is actually able to make intelligent points while speaking in complete sentences and paragraphs.

1 Like

all that being said, when you listen to Biden from eight years ago, and Biden today, its clear that he’s lost a step.

That being said, there is an immense difference between a Biden teleprompter speech, and a Trump one. Biden clearly understands the sentences he is reading as he is reading them. Trump reads a word at a time (a phrase at most), with few signs that he is cognizant of their meaning in context – indeed, sometimes he acts surprised at the meaning of what he’s read (“So true, so true”) as if he heard it from someone else.

Biden is just old. Trump is alzheimer-y

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available