Trump Campaign Mocked On Twitter For Citing Weather As Reason To Cancel NH Rally | Talking Points Memo

Following an announcement on Friday to postpone a campaign rally in New Hampshire, due to a tropical storm, the Trump campaign is facing a storm of quite a different kind – that of Twitter users who are trolling the decision as a tactical move to avoid the low attendance that marred Trump’s rally in Tulsa last month.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320043
2 Likes

It’s one of many reasons they should be mocked.

50 Likes

Chiselin’ Trump’s campaign didn’t cancel the rally due to weather. They cancelled it due to wither, i.e., withering enthusiasm.

58 Likes

Trump also makes weather predictions that suit his needs. Remember the Sharpie bump that took a hurricane to Alabama? There’s a recent report out on that, and I can see Trump attempting to do the same thing here: extend the forecasts about where the storm was to hit to include NH. All it takes is a Sharpie and a gullible audience.

29 Likes

I predict a stormy campaign season.

39 Likes

Update from five minutes ago:

7 pm 79° Partly Cloudy 15% SSE 15 mph
8 pm 77° Partly Cloudy 15% S 14 mph
9 pm 75° Partly Cloudy 15% S 11 mph
10 pm 74° Partly Cloudy 15% S 12 mph
11 pm 73° Partly Cloudy 15% S 10 mph

The chance of precipitation at 7 pm has skyrocketed from 10% to 15% since Conway’s post yesterday. Clearly this is now a very dangerous and very deadly storm.

36 Likes

Orange Anus is circling the drain during a super-swirly event.
It’s his perfect storm.
More than fifteen flushes worth of bigly yuge storm!

22 Likes

“Cloudy with a chance of a puny crowd” - Jennifer Rubin

It’s more like Typhoon Trump carrier of Trump Virus is scaring his crowd with NDAs, no mask, no SD!

Isn’t it fitting that at the start of Trump MAL-Admin, Trump DEMANDED that his crowd is BIGLIER than Obama and now hopefully at the end of his term, his crown is PUNY!

Addendum:

From NYT with Elaine C. Duke, then Trump’s acting secretary of homeland security:

She said she was especially taken aback, during the response to Hurricane Maria’s devastation of Puerto Rico, when she heard Mr. Trump raise the possibility of “divesting” or “selling” the island as it struggled to recover.

WOW…states with no or low electoral votes better sharpie any hurricane or storms away from you so that it will not cause Trumpy to divest or sell you!

11 Likes

Trump is going to Walter Reed today, allegedly to visit vets. Sounds like a pretext. He is patently getting worse physically and cognitively, he cancels his rally and instead goes to the same hospital where he admitted that he “very recently” went to in order to have his cognitive capacities tested. Is this a follow-up visit?

65 Likes

There were tens of thousands of physicians at Walter Reed, and each one gave me an impossible cognitive test called the “Kobayashi Maru” – and I was the first person to solve it all ten thousand times!

46 Likes

Can you imagine the vomit in mouth moments I have suffered since signing up for the rally. I have received 8 texts from Dumbo personally pumping this old man up for being his favorite patriot and other such crap. I almost entered the raffle-type event to win a signed maggot hat. Who knew maggots could write? Who knew maggots could wheedle?

11 Likes

Partly cloudy with a high of 78 degrees.

Not too hot, nor too cold. Not too sunny, not too cloudy. And no rain. Sounds like the perfect summer day to me.

The weather Gods, indeed, are mocking him.

34 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Rally Ground Zero.OUCH ! :smile:

16 Likes

Always talking, always lying, from the weather to Roger Stone.

I’d be less disgusted if Trump just said. “Yeah, I commuted the sentence because I can. That’s the reason.”

31 Likes

Do I recall Putin’s Punk ducking a D-Day event at Normandy due to the chance of a bad hair day?

It don’t take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

23 Likes

" “He was not convicted and is not being sentenced for exercising his First Amendment rights, his support of the President’s campaign or his policies. He was not prosecuted, as some have complained, for standing up for the President. He was prosecuted for covering up for the President.”

Checkmate !

19 Likes

There is a map showing the storm hitting Portsmouth directly. It is however drawn with a sharpie.

16 Likes

Waiting in anticipation for the maps + sharpie memes.

4 Likes

A sick fuck with upwards of 200,000 dead within weeks.

What the fuck does he have to “rally” about?

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available