Trump Camp Urged Fake Georgia Electors To Keep Scheme Cloaked In ‘Complete Secrecy,’ Email Shows

Then-President Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign seemed at least vaguely aware that the fake Trump elector scheme was something of a shady cloak-and-dagger operation, as indicated by an email from a campaign director obtained by the Washington Post and CNN.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1418387

We need to see more of his emails.

12 Likes

“Complete secrecy” and “email” in the same sentence is a hoot and a half.

24 Likes

“Trump Camp Urged Fake Georgia Electors To Keep Scheme Cloaked In ‘Complete Secrecy’…”

Republicans Screaming for Election Transparency: “Hide everything!!!”

21 Likes

I don’t understand why this is news. Setting aside the multiple comments about how silly it is to talk about secrecy in an email, why is it surprising that a campaign operative wanted to keep things secret?

Scenario #1: We’re doing something illegal in our campaign and we want to keep it secret.
Scenario #2: We’re not doing something illegal in our campaign and we want to keep it secret.

And…?

Here’s an ACTUAL example of “What about her/his/their emails!”

5 Likes

None of these “revelations” shock me any longer, everything tfg does or has done has mostly been right out in the open right there on 5th Avenue.

What would shock and thrill me would be a live feed from Mar A Lago of federal agents swarming the place and frog marching tfg out on handcuffs.

Until this happens it’s just another day in America. :unamused: :expressionless:

11 Likes

Dear Evangelical Brethren and Sisters:

If you are looking for some kind of sign that maybe God isn’t supporting TFG and may not even be a Republican, please note the insurrectional “Mr. Sinners.”

I mean, you’re always going on about how God’s paying attention to touchdowns and traffic on your commute and stuff, so what are you waiting for? A chorus of angels wearing BLM caps? An eleventh commandment?

14 Likes
2 Likes

Shouldn’t that be “her emails”?

2 Likes

Trump = Fake hair, fake tan, fake net worth, fake intelligence, fake “facts,” fake allegations, fake “ethics,” fake pronouncements, etc. There is a pattern here. When will his supporters concede that he is a fake?

4 Likes

More election fraud….which is illegal, and that’s why the lawyers and perps wanted to keep it a secret. QED.

4 Likes

Republicans: Let’s expand inequality so much that the top 1% is worth more than the bottom 90%; cut welfare programs; flood the country with guns; criminalize the poor; militarize the police; inundate the airwaves with divisive lies; then whine about how Democrats are the problem

— Andrew Wortman 🏳️‍🌈🇺🇦🇺🇸 (@AmoneyResists) June 7, 2022
18 Likes

These clowns are just a very stupid amateur hour collection of stumblebums. I think they’re trying to prove Dunning/Kruger is universal truth.

1 Like

The thing about criminal conspiracies is that you shouldn’t put them in writing.

19 Likes

That would be shocking since there’s no way tfg frog marches out in such a scenario. His would be more of an Assange-exit, going completely to jello, requiring 5 or 6 stout individuals to drag him out (they probably would be well-served bringing a gurney along).

5 Likes

And a hoist device.

7 Likes

Best to avoid the need to pay out worker’s comp.

1 Like

But it’s ok to put it in writing because it’s 100% legal. They were just doing it secretly because it was a surprise for the boss.

4 Likes

Just as soon as their diplomas from his university arrive?