Trump Blows Up At GOP Guv For Rebuking POTUS’ ‘Outrageous’ Potential Refusal To Leave Office

Can it have 4 letters?

Being miserly, ignorant, selfish, nationalistic and racist does not make you a conservative.

3 Likes

Particularly with not only the reminder that our deployed military have been doing this since the Civil War (you mean, you DON’T want the troops defending our nation to have a say in who runs things??) and that Trump himself has been voting by mail for at least a decade (and what about that fraudulent address you’re using in Florida when your residence is in NYC???).

Man, could that be a great exchange…

7 Likes

The claim is false, but I’m not sure that’s where the gettable votes are. I like the Biden camp’s evident focus on his incompetence and simple failure to address the pandemic or do his fucking job at all. There are millions who voted for Obama and then turned around and voted for Trump because you tell me. You don’t get their votes by telling them they were stupid. You tell them Trump let them down. Marketing people call it a “permission structure,” but it’s persuading people without making them defensive. That’s not going to work. You have to put the onus on Trump, not the people who held their noses and voted for him.

20 Likes

@ drbb
I understand. That ship of voting across party lines sailed for me in the 90’s after Gingrich did his damage to the system. Now I won’t vote for an “R” because I cannot understand why any decent human being would allow their names to be associated with that party, let alone run for office under that banner.

15 Likes

This. Yes, I get furious when I read Trump’s hourly outrages. And I get even more furious when I read the Republican non-responses. Still, I refuse to let Trump live rent-free anywhere near my person or property. I will cackle with glee when he finally gets his comeuppance, which I want be a protracted, painful affair, just as his presidency has been.

10 Likes

The other thing that he is destroying is the chance Repugs have at reapportionment. That means over the next 10 years the prospects for more Dems in State governments increase even for deep-red states.

8 Likes

Also, though he is one of the last remaining sane Republicans, he is still a typical Republican when it comes to many issues. He is anti-union, pro-charter school, pro unlimited money in politics, was against legalizing recreational pot, etc.

5 Likes

I hope someone posted that on Trump’s twitter feed.

3 Likes

Done.

Hey, Donald?

Here’s how us Massholes react to tyrants:

12 Likes

Trump blows up. What else is new. He is burning down the party and Republicans are allowing him to do it. It brings a smile to my face.

8 Likes

That word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

en·er·vate

1. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of

6 Likes

In late August Emerson published a poll showing Spanky behind Biden by 38 points in MA. I am going to guess that here in the Commonwealth the vast majority of people agree wholeheartedly with Gov. Charlie.

6 Likes

Trump intends to stay in office by hook or by crook and there is nothing Democrats can do about it. It will come down to the men and women in the streets. If Americans are willing to accept Trump as the price of “Law-and-Order” then we are screwed sideways.

2 Likes

“And I know that I speak, I am sure, for the vast majority of the elected officials in the United States of America when I say that”

Is Baker speaking for a sufficient subset of Republican Senators that will impeach/convict Trump after he refuses to follow the will of the electorate?

2 Likes

Graham saw it coming and he got caught in Putin’s net anyway. He wasn’t a fool, but he’s certainly a coward.

7 Likes

Baker is a Republican, but I’d like for someone to explain why he remains a Republican. Trump is something quite different. Pick your own word.

I’m in Massachusetts. I’ll settle for a Massachusetts-style Republican–like Baker, or FFS the version of Mitt Romney we had then–who can win.

YES. (and I didn’t vote for him either)

7 Likes

Putting out a statement like this, truthful and respectful of the f-ing US CONSTITUTION, might be why Governor Baker has an EIGHTY PLUS approval rating in his state.

Read that everybody: I found him at 84% in one poll and 81% in another. WOW.

7 Likes

STUNNING … after berating immigrants … THIS IS PRECISELY WHAT THE PSYCHO SON OF A BITCH SAID:

“You have good genes, you know that right?” Trump said to the nearly all-white crowd.

“A lot of it is about the genes, isn’t it? Don’t you believe? The racehorse theory,” Trump said.

“You think we’re so different? You have good genes in Minnesota.”

7 Likes