Trump Blows Up At GOP Guv For Rebuking POTUS’ ‘Outrageous’ Potential Refusal To Leave Office

President Donald Trump attacked Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker (R) on Friday morning after the Republican governor chided Trump’s comments about potentially rejecting the election results if Democratic candidate Joe Biden wins in November.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1334154

We have to be very careful with the ballots…the ballots, that’s a whole big scam.

23 Likes

I have lost several elections. Nobody asked me if I accepted the results.

And Donnie, Charlie Baker is what Republicans used to be, you are the Republican in name only.

61 Likes

The damn is breaking, even GOP Governors just want dump to go away…

20 Likes

I’d be much more impressed with Baker if he left the GOP and at least became an independent. It would also carry a lot more force than just strong condemnations

40 Likes

Trump is finding out the hard way and very publicly that this idea of his is going over like a lead balloon.

For those GOPpers that are on the ballot down ticket, this is a disaster. Because the Dems are enervated and mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore and the tsunami, steamroller, whatever you wanna call it is pointed in their direction at full speed.

Trump is destroying his own party’s election and their mealymouth responses yesterday is nothing compared to what those on the ballot must be feeling inside when they thought it was a slamdunk.

51 Likes

Flag that tweet Twitter.

10 Likes

Baker is Governor of my state. If I were him, I’d take it as a red badge of honor that Trump attacked him, then I’d shrug and have my dessert.

45 Likes

Baker’s a multi-term Republican governor in MA, so given today’s standards he is a Republican in name only. Little does Donny realize that’s actually a compliment to his constituents.

I wish he’d drop the R, though. I won’t vote for him as long as he holds into that.

31 Likes

…and the Despot-in-Chief strikes again. Keep it up Donnie. The Republicans out in the ‘field’ are starting to ignore you. You petty boy smears and insults are pathetic and there isn’t a one that don’t know it. You may have the GOPpers in DC acting as your lapdogs but sane Republicans know you have nowhere to go.

10 Likes

Bye Don. The indictments begin 1/21/21.

Then President Biden and Majority Leader Schumer add 4 seats to the Supreme Court which immediately overturns Citizens United.

26 Likes

More need to speak out - loudly against this nonsense. 45 said he didn’t hear the chants at the Supreme Court steps. He did. He just didn’t want to acknowledge that he is not wanted.

34 Likes

Keep slugging. Maybe he’ll burst an aneurism in his great genes…

10 Likes

They might want him to go away, but by allowing the ROT to exist for the last 40+ years does not resolve them of all responsibility for Trump. EVERY Elected/Selected member of the GOP must be purged from government. Then they can start over.

25 Likes

Putin’s psychopath also hedged against the election results in his debate with Clinton in the 2916 election. There’s nothing new for Republicans to see now.

4 Likes

Whatever passes for the Republican Party these days bears no resemblance to the Republican Party of principled conservatives who used to represent the party. I seldom agreed with these individuals, but I did respect their thoughtful approach to governance. That began to disappear when the Republicans got taken over by the TEA party and most are now just reactionary anarchist. Trump is a perfect leader for that mob.

30 Likes

I didn’t figure he would acknowledge them.

But with that statement that he didn’t hear them, we can now add deaf to the list of issues this guy has? Someone oughta ask him if he is hearing impaired at the next presser…

OT:

My daughter’s latest soap creation:

31 Likes

VOTE. If you have received or will receive a mail-in ballot, fill it out and return it as soon as it arrives. If your schedule permits, drive to your town or city clerk’s office and hand it across the counter to a person who is sworn to protect your vote and see that it is counted; if you can’t make it there during business hours, call and find out where the drop box is, and use it. As a last resort, mail your ballot, ASAP! Be sure to use the security envelopes as instructed, or your ballot will be disqualified. As TPM readers we’re well aware of the terrible risk that Trump represents, but remember also what Josh tells us repeatedly: a big part of Trump’s game is intended to play out in the heads of those who oppose him. Don’t let him live here rent-free. Don’t let Trump convince you that he will or even can do most of the outrageous shit he comes up with. VOTE. And he will be gone, to face the legal reckoning he so richly deserves. And the judgment of history.

36 Likes

https://twitter.com/lindseygrahamsc/status/727604522156228608?lang=en

15 Likes

My wife was never more enraged (throughout the entire Trump Era) than she was when she read McConnell’s response to Trump (which some fuck included in the list of “GOP pushback” against Trump wanting to do away with this election).

It was so transparently craven that it took me an hour to calm her down.

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available