Trump Blows Up At GOP Guv For Rebuking POTUS’ ‘Outrageous’ Potential Refusal To Leave Office

This showed up on FB earlier this week:

“Y’all can keep digging up articles from ‘77 about Joe to dissuade me, but I’m watching what 45 is doing TODAY. I’ll take my chances with Joe.”

56 Likes

News for the day
https://au.news.yahoo.com/obamas-worlds-most-admired-people-052458536--spt.html

Barack and Michelle Obama are the most admired people in the world, according to a survey by the opinion research institute YouGov.

40 Likes

Whooooweeeee, is this gonna burn…

7 Likes

Many people are saying that, when they vote, the ballots are all one color. How’re they supposed to know who they’re voting for?

7 Likes

his GOP colleagues’ muted responses to Trump, which largely consisted of either downplaying the President’s comment, deflecting to Democrats, or simply repeating that they believed in the Constitution.

I’m sure Herr Hitler doesn’t really mean what he says about the Jews. It is all campaign rhetoric. Germany’s constitution and laws will hold him in check. He just wants to make Germany great again.

25 Likes

I may look up Mitch’s response to El Guapo’s dictatorial comment. But later in the day as I wanna let my coffee do its thing and wake me up.

7 Likes

Yes! And he is destroying his own down ballot Republiscum’s chances of getting elected.

It’s amazing how dumb he is, likely ignoring everyone’s advice, in the fact that his eruptions make it more likely undecideds will vote for Biden. He’s also driving many a Republiscum voter to stay home, only vote for down ballot candidates or not vote at all.

We win! Keep up the great work dummy!

13 Likes

I intend to be part of the crowd outside the WH on 11/4 chanting shouting GTFO!

16 Likes

Don’t think of it as a “ballot”. Think of it as what it is…
YOUR VOTE

23 Likes

The protest of the MA GOP Guv means little to Trump (except as a foil).

His statement about no peaceful transfer of power/not accepting a loss was a dog whistle to the GOP legislatures in key states (think WI, MI, PA, FL, etc) to prepare to throw out their election results and nominate their own (Trump-supporting) electors. All it needs is 5 conservatives on the Supreme Court willing to rubber-stamp it and Trump “wins” re-election.

This is why Trump is so eager to get RBG’s seat filled before the election, even if it dooms the re-election chances of vulnerable senators. They aren’t confident that Roberts would go through with such an anti-democratic plan.

5 Likes

And he’s done a creditable job with the pandemic, and he’s a decent guy, and no I STILL won’t vote for him because of the R next to his name. Tribalism? No. Defense of the Republic and the Constitution. Republicanism is toxic for now.

23 Likes

President Donald Trump attacked Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker on Friday morning after the Republican governor chided Trump’s comments about potentially rejecting the election results if Democratic candidate Joe Biden wins in November.

Whoa. Did NOT see that coming.

9 Likes

I’m really starting to really believe this. My own 83 year old mother, a life-long devoted republican, is voting a straight democratic ticket this time. She is scared of Trump and fed up with the republicans who are making excuses for him.

55 Likes

Thank your mom for all of us.

41 Likes

“[Republican In Name Only] Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts is unsuccessfully trying to defend Mail In Ballots, when there is fraud being found all over the place,”

“Just yesterday, one of my loyal United States District Attorneys put out a press release about the fraud he found. Soon there will be more. I’m telling you people, it will be found all over the place!”

8 Likes

why do supposedly serious sites like TPM give so much time to this man’s brain-farts??? there is a big country ‘out there’ yet’whoever’ pays so much attention to what is going on in the North-East…

2 Likes

I was going to say Dems, but people will dismiss them as being political. Instead, ALL of us need to start saying the quiet part out loud:
A POTUS who insists on staying in power against the will of the people is fraudulent. He or she will have no credibility. He or she may manage to stay in power by threatening or using the physical power of the state against us, but he or she will be a tyrant. Any public official, elected or appointed, who supports this unlawful use of power is in violation of their oath of office.
Labeling votes as “fraudulent” without proof constitutes disenfranchisement. Any POTUS who remains in power through the disenfranchisement of the American people is committing treason. Count the votes.
We also need to start pointing out that the oath of office is a promise to G*d, and failure to protect the Union as promised under oath makes you an oath breaker to the All Mighty. all public officials who ran on the premise that they were more devout than their opponents need to be called out as the oath breakers they are.

10 Likes

Donald J. Trump: The baby at every baptism. The bride at every wedding. The corpse at every funeral. The asshole at every anus.

13 Likes

I’d like to see a clip of the reporter asking Trump this question. On the one hand, fine, it’s a question anyone is entitled to ask. On the other, the reporter must haven known full well what the reaction from Trump was going to be, so, in that respect, the reporter was mining for some gold where they knew already that it was just below the surface.

At this stage, TPM would do well to survey each of the 50 state’s election offices, the ones that will certify election results, and get their heads (attorneys general?) to come out now and say they are going to make damn certain there is going to be no fraud, that they will allow everyone who mailed in a ballot to verify online that their vote was properly counted, that they will have paper copies for verification, and so forth.

8 Likes

There has to be a new name given to the the conservative faction that love Rump and Q.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available