Trump Blames Blagojevich’s Prison Sentence On Comey, Who Wasn’t At DOJ At The Time | Talking Points Memo

As he was defending his commutation of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s (D) prison sentence on Wednesday, President Donald Trump somehow managed to drag one of his favorite punching bags onto the scene – even though said punching bag had nothing to do with Blagojevich’s criminal case.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291998

Question of the Day: Who is stupider and more corrupt, Donnie or Blagojevich?

Discuss among yourselves. Be prepared to show your work.

29 Likes

Facts, I don’t need no stinking facts!

You’re fired!

8 Likes

COmpletely immaterial TO the FACT that CoMEY RAILROADEd Blago WITH Fake WITCH hunt Senate seat SALE.

16 Likes

Pesky detail police will be dealt with harshly in season two.

5 Likes

Just when you think the insanity can’t get any more, here we go…it’s totally normal in Trumpville though, his fans are probably now mad at Comey for putting a Democrat in prison for corruption and celebrating Blago being out in the world again.

It makes you wonder how absurd the next thing is going to be, and the one after that…after all, Trump needs to build up to the cliffhanger finale in November, so we need lots of ratings stunts between now and then.

10 Likes

So if a Senate seat is a “fucking valuable thing” that you don’t “give away for nothing,” what’s a person’s freedom worth? Tell us, Donnie, brag a little, don’t be shy, you must have done pretty well in the deal, you fucking cheap crook.

18 Likes

Comey wasn’t at DoJ when Blago’s case was going on yet trump blames him anyway. Details details…

9 Likes

Truly a master of time and space.

5 Likes

Of course, Trump blames everything on Comey . . .I’m sure if Trump was asked, he say that “original sin” was all Comey’s fault.

4 Likes

What is ridiculous about bribery?

I don’t think anyone is going to pardon tRump when his fat ass lands in jail after the November election. Lock the muthaf*cker up!!!

8 Likes

He makes it up as he goes along. Sounds plausable so go with yer gut. Ignore the observable empirical fact that it’s just flatulence.

9 Likes

Trump denying it.

3 Likes

That’s like asking: Who is stupider, Don Jr. or Eric?

16 Likes

Captain Wormhole.

5 Likes

If they believe this kind of lie, Mr. Trump and his supporters are idiots. It’s a wonder he didn’t blame President Obama for this…after all, he won that election and it was his fault the Senate seat was vacant!

4 Likes

Obama sold the seat to Blago to sell on. Should face charges!

6 Likes
2 Likes

Trump: Fact’s, I don’t need no stinking facts!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available