Trump Backs Off NY Quarantine Idea | Talking Points Memo

Within hours of floating the idea of ordering a quarantine on New York amid surging COVID-19 cases in the state, President Trump walked his proposal back in a Saturday evening tweet.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1300302
1 Like

He’s randomly tossing out shit to see what sticks.

43 Likes

He needs to order the entire state be covered in one huge orange tarp or saran wrap. Christo’s on it!

15 Likes

BACK OFF ?
well since he had absolutely zero substance to his original thought … and zero legal foundation …yeah best to drop the idea.

23 Likes

“It would be chaos and mayhem,” Cuomo said. “It’s totally opposite everything he’s been saying. I don’t think it is plausible. I don’t think it is legal.”

Wow! In four sentences, Governor Cuomo defines the Trump administration.

41 Likes

The Covidiot has spoken. And respoken.

10 Likes

Covidfefe

7 Likes

Meanwhile ex mayor asshole

22 Likes

From the grave!

5 Likes

How can his ratings keep going up?
Almost everything he says he has to back down from.
He basically says if the Governors do not say how great he is you might not get the aid your people need.
WTF is wrong with half of our people?

24 Likes

some people would like to see New York quarantined because it’s a hot spot

Maybe true, but the smart people know that FL is ripe to continue it’s leadership in spreading the disease. Get ready for those snowbirds to carry it back.

6 Likes

All these fun and games are:

The Calm Before The Storm of a Geometrically Increasing Fatal Virus which Trump cannot

• Trump Rally his way out of

• Lawyer his way out of

• Barr his way out of

• McConnell his way out of

• Roberts his way out of

• Cult his way out of

• FOX News his way out of

33 Likes
13 Likes

Trump is a pathological liar and should be held accountable at every opportunity but … on this subject here’s his original statement:

“Some people would like to see New York quarantined because it’s a hot spot. […] New York, New Jersey, maybe one or two other places, certain parts of Connecticut quarantined. I’m thinking about that right now. […] I would rather not do it but we may need it,” he said.

One can accuse him of “floating” an idea – politicians of all stripes do this all the time – but note that he was careful enough to include some qualifications.

In any event, the idea was questionable, to say the least, so I’m glad he has “backed off.”

2 Likes

I’m beginning to think he’s not terribly bright …

17 Likes

Basically Rudy is simply saying … hey … it may not be right … but accept it - Trump is behaving like a tyrannical demented monarch … he needs to have his ass kissed … bow down to him if you want him to do what he is simply rightfully supposed to do.
That is where we are.

11 Likes

Half the people are drowned
And the other half are swimming
In the wrong direction.
Half the people are dead
And the other half are waiting
For the next election.

Leonard Bernstein Mass, Gloria: Trope-‘Half the people.’

Bernstein’s notes indicate that the verse was a gift from Paul Simon.

15 Likes

I don’t know why they pay attention to his lying. Everybody on the planet knew it was bullshit.

4 Likes

You may kiss Trump anywhere to kiss his ass since he is all ass.

5 Likes

Just for fun … confiscate Trump Tower for $1 … on emergency basis
& convert to hospital beds.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available