Trump Attacks As Tlaib A ‘Despicable Human Being’

Meanwhile

As I recall, the job of the “deep state” is to deal with Russian assets like Trump. I don’t think there are a whole lot of spy types in that community. All the secrecy about “ops” personnel and their assets is to keep them from getting discovered and knocked off by the bad guys. A lot of the rest is to hide how badly screwed up the budget of the NSA and CIA are, but there is also the issue of “what do we know” and “what are our sources and methods” and that our humint capabilities are totally compromised. (“Happy birthday, Vlad! I don’t know what all these funny “Nato intelligence assets in Eastern Europe” spreadsheets do, given that I can’t open Excel. I figured you’d like it. Enjoy.”)

People demanding the use of inherent contempt have consistently dis,missed the logistical difficulties and legal process issues Congress has to work through, and work out, to make inherent contempt work. From the simple “where do they get locked up” issues, to the “how do we arrest them if they refuse to appear and are hiding out in executive branch buildings or offer resistance” to the “how do we pay for all of this?” issues, it can’t just happen with a finger snap.

The D.C. jail is not under the jurisdiction of the United States Congress. Neither are the cells in the various federal courthouses. Neither is Gitmo. There is no legal process or procedure for putting someone into one of those cells without an order from a court, whether for contempt of court or under the contempt of Congress statute. Congress doesn’t have a jail. It doesn’t have jailers, food handling procedures, even sanitary facilities for incarcerated parties.

All of this shit is actually kind of hard and complicated to work out and, sadly, they still don’t have Green Lantern rings.

A lot of shit happened in the 19th century that doesn’t happen, and can’t happen, today.

Especially if they’re brown-skinned and female.

@zillacop Very meta.

I suspect that some states and counties would gladly find room, especially if Congress paid them. Does Barney Miller still work for the NYPD? They’d put Pompeo in with various denizens of Barney Miller’s precinct, a rather offbeat form of “scared straight.”

1 Like

Trump: I am pissed. She is stealing my line and its “Lock HER up”; applies to all WCO AND The Crooked.

1 Like

Skin color, genitalia, party affiliation.

2 Likes

This is a old Republican mind trick.
Trump consistently deflects to his political opponents the criticisms he is most guilty of.
When Trump attacks Congresswoman Tlaib as a “Despicable Human Being” he is redirecting what he is being described as.
He accuses others for what he is most guilty of and does this every single day.
This strategy works in the beginning, but for people that keep throwing this back at him, he eventually wilts and changes the subject.
We can’t let him get away with a strategy that for the most part worked for him in 2016.

2 Likes

I left that fat curveball hanging over the plate for someone…

Done in your name, America - what are you going to do about it?

1 Like

So, now we have a hot war in Syria and now this. Anybody else thinking about that “End Times War in the Middle East” that the Evangelicals have been panting for, while reflecting on the fact that these people are now steering Trump’s foreign policy? They must be having wet dreams about now… :frowning_face:

1 Like

Glad you noticed that because I didn’t when I posted it!
@ncsteve

1 Like

How dare Talib suggest that defying and breaking the law, which includes subpoenas, lead to being arrested.

What next, jailing criminals?

4 Likes

Why is ‘The Latest’ more than a day old?

1 Like

I’ve got an idea. Handcuff them to the sink in Nancy Peolsi’s guest bathroom.

1 Like

An aide stepped up behind Sam Irvin, chair of the Nixon impeachment hearings, leaned down and whispered in his ear: a subpoenaed witness scheduled for that afternoon had just called to say he wasn’t going to show up. Old Sam whispered back to call the witness back and tell him if he wasn’t sitting in front of the committee at 2pm he would send the FBI to drag him in in handcuffs. The witness was there on time. Problem solved.

1 Like

“A despicable human being!”

She’s one of those “pro-golf course” types, you know?

The kind that worries about the sprinklers. Well, it’s funny, but they’re right. Gotta have water. So… plus, there’s a lot of money to be made in the energy industry.

Let’s talk about some investments over drinks. Okay?

Don’t know why the RW are making a thing about this because they are setting themselves up to fail. If a judge orders them to honor congressional subpoenas and they ignore them the judge will throw them in jail.
They are not good at this.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available