Trump Asked PA GOP State Leader Twice To Overturn Biden’s Win, Marking 3rd State In Pressure Campaign

But you know that if a Dem did anything at all like this the media would be screaming about it, parrotting faux-outraged Republicans… :angry:

1 Like

Try to chase it out with this.

3 Likes

Well, I’m no New Kid in Town.

3 Likes

I can’t even think of a song that expresses sufficient opprobrium for a character for it to be adequate for the orange mussolini.

You’re an Asshole, by Frank Zappa comes to mind.

7 Likes

So…has Donnie doubled down on ‘crimes’ because he thinks he can just pardon himself on his way out the door?

Yes, it’s admittedly close, but still lacks a full sense of outrage.

3 Likes

It really is “Dumbfuckistan and the glorious Martyrs of Safe Harbor Day.”

My stupid state GOP:

7 Likes

No greater, or clearer indication that “Stop the Steal!” is itself a plot to steal the election from the rightful winner.

Welcome to 1984, 36 years late.

4 Likes

This here is my jam lately. I’ve really gotten into Jackson Browne.

7 Likes

I believe the term of art is sedition.

9 Likes

Well, they are “led” by Kelli Ward, so there is that “excuse.”

3 Likes

The phone calls started with the one to the new Ukrainian president. “I need you to do me a favor” Not one senator wanted to punish him for breaking the law. Now we know of three states that got the same kind of phone call. Do you see any republican pointing out the crime? He can do no wrong and he will continue to get away with it.
A person should not have that kind of influence (power) over others. What are they afraid of? his money? he’s broke (do not count his PAC). He can’t even look a person in the eye to say they are fired. He is pathetic.

7 Likes

Sounds like you married a smart man! It’s just hard to keep reminding yourself that the president is an infinitely stupid, crazy person. It’s just unfathomable sometimes.

10 Likes

The old saw, “both sides do it,” is true to an extent. The damage you identify is, at least, that corruption is normalized. Republicans overwhelmingly capitalize on this political cover. I cannot abide any of it.

3 Likes

If we don’t figure out a way to nullify the Electoral College, this is going to happen again.

2 Likes

Tell that to Raffensperger, Ducey, Kemp, Benson…

They are challenging state election laws, AFTER the election. That’s a huge no-no. And they know it.

What are they now, 1-49?

2 Likes

Well, the part that isn’t mentioned in the story (and was elsewhere) is that the legislature doesn’t have the power to do what the Pres asked for.

That could change between now and 2024, but I’m not certain of it.

1 Like

More of the Rubes’ money spent.

This will get tossed, without merit.

2 Likes

As horrific and damning as that statement is, I also believe that could very well be the case. If he had just done the correct thing once in his life. It is stomach-churning to think the preservation of our democracy may have depended on so much unnecessary death and suffering.

9 Likes