Trump Appears Injured After Loud Sounds At Campaign Rally In Pennsylvania

He said so on that day when he was warned that some of the crowd was armed

17 Likes

Inappropriate at this juncture, but unsurprising from reactionary congress critters:

(Trump and Biden speak after deadly rally shooting; suspect reportedly opened fire from roof with AR-style rifle – latest updates | Donald Trump | The Guardian )
Like, there’s already evidence of some kind of government failure in an investigation that has barely even started.
ETA: It’s bizarre.

17 Likes

For how long does this supplant the dump Joe narrative?

9 Likes

Where were the “good guys with guns”?

15 Likes

Not just bizarre… it’s as though the Secret Service shot trump between the eyes … … with a paint ball.

3 Likes

Oh tomorrow mebbe. He’s old ya knows. Now no body say anything about trump’s age and mental decline… please… it’s bad for “clicks” …

7 Likes

Just off stage

3 Likes

Yeah, but J6 wasn’t “political violence,” they were just patriots who were more upset than Mark Meadows about Trump losing the election.

17 Likes

The Secret Service may indeed have some questions to answer – and I am sure they already know that and are feeling the weight of “What did we do miss/do wrong?” more heavily than any of us can readily imagine. But, yeah, Congress might give it like about 5 minutes.

When did this passion for investigation for investigation’s sake begin (paranoia)? JFK? Nixon? In my old and hazy sense of my past, it’s Vietnam (a shorthand). I know the paranoid style is older, but still.

8 Likes

Scalise promises review or secret service? As though bobody could fuck up as badley as the current legislative slobs…

5 Likes

I appreciate and agree with the calls for civility coming from all corners. With that said, this tragic event should not, in my opinion, preclude Biden and the Democrats from calling out the continued threat that Trump, Republicans and Project 2025 pose to democracy.

Trump has promised retribution for his grievances. The GOP and Supreme Court have shown they will back his efforts. I fully expect this incident will only add fuel to his fire.

31 Likes

MSNBC, showing NBC’s coverage, has settled on still shots of a heroic Trump (11:30 EDT). Spielberg couldn’t have come up with better “heroic” shots, and Trump will certainly use these.

Though I learned of this story at about 8:45, I didn’t let it distract me from watching Agatha Christie’s Poirot at PBS at 9 (an episode I hadn’t seen before, but even if I had already seen it, I’m committed). I recommend that whole series (Christopher Gunning’s music! the graphics! keep your own interests going) and that people wait for things to settle.

12 Likes

20 year old male … from Pennsylvania …

according to NBC News reporting of latest information

The amount of people praying
"Dear God … don’t let him be - - - - - "
has to be off the charts.

8 Likes

Maybe we should finally regulate the militia as it says in the second amendment. They love this amendment but ignore the words a well regulated militia….

14 Likes

That didn’t take long. Trump already sent out a “I will never surrender” email.

4 Likes

And “The Onion”; I mean the NYT (trying to beat everyone else), comes out with an Editorial with the headline:
“The Attack on Donald Trump is Antithetical to America”.

Antithetical??

6 Likes

And away we go…supposed eyewitness tells BBC that he and apparently others saw the gunman climbing atop the building, told police and he (witness) was pointing at him for 2 - 3 minutes while SS was looking at them from a barn.

7 Likes

Either the NY POST is totally irresponsible or the FBI & local cops are being awkward - or both.

Said to be from Bethel Park PA … suburb of Pittsburgh.

… geez - is it a rule that assassins have 3 names?

7 Likes

I believe 18 year olds can buy AR-15’s in PA. The Buffalo NY supermarket shooter was 18 years old lived on the NY PA border. He bought the AR-15 in PA and drove north to Buffalo.

We need to regulate the Militia as the as the second amendment says.

15 Likes

They’re very selective about that.

4 Likes