Trump And The American Tradition Of Channeling The Book Of Revelation To Describe Immigrants

Originally published at: Trump And The American Tradition Of Channeling The Book Of Revelation To Describe Immigrants - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This article is part of TPM Cafe, TPM’s home for opinion and news analysis. It was originally published at The Conversation. During a campaign speech in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, on Oct. 19, 2024, Donald Trump promised to save the country from immigrants: “I will rescue every town across America that has been invaded and conquered, and we will…

2 Likes

12 Likes

FM5PaBQUUAEACQT-2874409199

6 Likes

trump called America a garbage can because we admit immigrants.
Why would anyone wanna be president of a garbage can?
Why does he denegrate America?
Lucy van Pelt is right @benthere

5 Likes

9 Likes

trump’s current wife immigrated here from Slovenia. She and trump have a son, Barron.
IS BARRON’S BLOOD POISONED??

5 Likes

I really am surprised that no Republican pol or DonOLD has asked for Emma Lazarus’ words to be removed from the statue.

4 Likes

They aren’t that cultured to know it’s there…

Also busy worshipping their “New Colossus”

5 Likes

I wonder how many generations does one have to create before one’s descendants are not considered “poisoning the blood” of America?

4 Likes

Exactly “white” amount of generations…

3 Likes

There are even bumper stickers that say, “Heaven Has A Wall and Strict Immigration Policy / Hell Has Open Borders.”

That’s odd, because Jesus himself referred to “the gates of Hell” (Matthew 16:18). Maybe they’re working with a different translation?

5 Likes

Those who claim they are Christ followers for some reason forget the 2nd Commandment; love your neighbor as your self (Mathew 22:39). There is no footnote that lists any exclusions on who your neighbor is. You have to read the whole Bible, not your preferred verse. God is bigger then one verse.

8 Likes

But it does explicitly and repeatedly list the “stranger” as under special protection, right up there with widows and orphans.

5 Likes

Having had 9 wonderful dogs over the decades, I trust dogs more than many people. And by the way we all have red blood.

5 Likes

Does anyone have knowledge of the backgrounds of the employees at Mar a Lago.

4 Likes

And replace them with this?

Give me your hungry, your tired, your poor - I’ll piss on 'em
That’s what the Statue of Bigotry says
Your poor huddled masses, let’s club 'em to death
And get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard.

Lou Reed, Dirty Boulevard

4 Likes

trump claims to be a Christian. I am pretty sure if we looke at the 10 Commandments that he has broken all into tiny little bits and then bragged about it as he did some time back when he said “if you’re a star they let you do it” and he went on about grabbing certain body parts.
Liar

Cheats on wives and brags about it

800,000 dead of covid on his watch as president and he said “I take no personal responsibility at all”
That is a start … you know there’s a shit ton more

2 Likes

This imagines a cause/effect relationship in the opinions of irrational people possessing limited imagination: it mostly just boils down to blood and soil, them and us; the rest is red meat and pig lipstick.

This country would be poorer without immigration and those voting to throw immigrants out would face serious social security cuts going forward but it is largely pointless trying to explain this to such folk; those who have abandoned reason cannot be swayed by it.

The problem is Christian Seminaries want to give out four year degrees. It takes about a semester to learn the Gospel of Jesus. The next 3 1/2 years are spent poisoning preachers minds with 2000 years of absolute crap.