Trump And Johnson's Bid To Suppress The Vote, Shut Down The Government, And Spread Panic

Or perhaps nothing has changed, and Insurrection Johnson is just not particularly good at his job.

15 Likes

Out in Colorado it means you drink beers from Great Divide.

4 Likes

Will there be a rematch debate? Trump has said he is disinclined, and claims this is because he won last night’s debate. Make of that what you will.

But also consider this: if Harris wants another debate, she can probably bait him into doing it. And he’ll think it was his idea.

So I guess we wait to see whether Harris thinks America deserves another episode of the Trump Disassembled miniseries she just launched.

13 Likes

Mike DeWine (who’s term limited,) shot down the Springfield rumor.

(Erin Burnett)

8 Likes
3 Likes

Johnson could F-up a wet dream

Doesn’t he have an app for that?

12 Likes

I’d put it slightly differently–that it alternates between not taking Yes for an answer and, as in this case, not being willing to compromise on the length of the CR. Either way, with the GOP margin so narrow in the House, they end up getting nothing rather than something if they don’t go along with the rest of the caucus.

4 Likes

While celebrity endorsements don’t usually move the needle much (if at all) this can have an impact in potentially tight swing state races.

GSA says 337K Taylor Swift referrals have come to vote.gov

30 Likes

Meanwhile . . .
The desperation in this plea/ploy is palpable.

16 Likes

Our clever plan is to shut down the government and wreak all sorts of havoc because Ds won’t allow us to outlaw something that’s already against the law.

And did you hear they’re eating the pets!

8 Likes

That’s not enough money to hire actors, steal pets, and pay a film crew.

6 Likes

It’s like herding cats! Perhaps he should eat them? :thinking:

8 Likes

So I’ve heard but ISTR his kid has to get in on it somehow.

3 Likes

I did not know either of these things, and I live in Colorado.

1 Like

Finally.

6 Likes

I’m guessing there will be no second debate. Early voting starts in a few weeks in some states, and the VP debate is still on for October 1st. The Harris/Waltz campaign will want that debate to get the focus now. After that, it’s too close to early voting in some states to make a difference.

9 Likes

Taylor Swift has been pushing voter registration for her fans. That’s going to make a difference. The endorsement is less important than the push for voter registration. Kudos to her for understanding the difference.

21 Likes

They have “swiftboating”. We have Swifties, voting.

25 Likes

Yeti Imperial Stout.

:+1:

1 Like

Although I would welcome another session like last night, I would caution Harris and her team to choose the next location carefully - most of the more progressive states have “anti-cruelty to animals” laws that would kick in, if she repeated her beatings a second time.

Just sayin’… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes