Trump And Johnson's Bid To Suppress The Vote, Shut Down The Government, And Spread Panic

Originally published at: Trump And Johnson’s Bid To Suppress The Vote, Shut Down The Government, And Spread Panic

Donald Trump and Speaker of the House Mike Johnson are very proud of their plan to link a must-pass piece of government funding legislation to a bill that lays the groundwork for Trump to blame undocumented immigrants for his potential defeat in November. The only problem, we’re now learning, is that no one of any…

Couldn’t possibly be Frist again but after last night’s smackdown of the orange idiot maybe everything is coming up roses ! And I’ll just say that " former Speaker of the House " would sure have a nice sound to it when it comes to 6 Faced Johnson ! So here’s 2 cats & 1 dog wondering when I’m getting out of the shower, there’s a waiting line !
366038054_10230563688065570_9022770202029238857_n

50 Likes

The impotent, do/nothing Republican congress only knows how to eat its own.

Please, go on.

ETA: Jon Stewart

excited-listening-Jon

35 Likes

As recently as yesterday, Johnson was confident enough that he had the votes… But that changed this afternoon

I wonder what changed between yesterday afternoon and today…

Another of life’s great unsolved mysteries!

Don’t forget to spay, neuter, and eat your pets, folks.

57 Likes

I don’t suppose last night’s smack-down has added much muscle to this consensus building effort. Perhaps just the opposite.

23 Likes

That right there! The Freedom Caucus has always been about chaos. It’s at war with itself and there’s no way of resolving issues in an acceptable manner. Johnson has the impossible job of leading his caucus while taking care not to piss any of them off. Have fun while it lasts guys!!!

29 Likes

The fascists are in the house…

7 Likes

Please, have a four day shutdown and see how well in plays in the swing states.

History is a reminder of how well that works for ya.

37 Likes

The long term solution for Johnson is to have a government shutdown in October to remind voters why they hate the GOP and the fact they cannot govern.

Then he loses the chamber and doesn’t have to deal with them any more.

32 Likes

It would serve as a reminder not to listen to Donald Trump if you want to keep your job.

24 Likes

A Hurricane approaching Louisiana and time for a Federal Government shutdown.

Sounds like a well thought out plan.

42 Likes

It would only take a couple of “moderate” Republican’s-if such a thing actually exists-to send Johnson packing. The Dems provided enough support to keep him as Speaker the last time there was a vote of no confidence. It made since given the need to get a few things passed but if he is going to lead a symbolic shut down over requiring passports or a drivers license to vote then the Dems should be more than happy to join any wayward R’s who want to abandon the two faced Speaker from Louisiana.

16 Likes

Thr snakehandlin’ caucus seeks to crap the country’s bed again.

11 Likes

Turns this up to 600.

5 Likes

They’re in purple seats and Trump’s technically the Speaker.

After last night, no Republican wants to be on his list.

12 Likes

30 Likes

Johnson could F-up a wet dream and the Republicans can’t even solve problems they themselves create; how anyone could expect them to solve a real problem is beyond me.

16 Likes

If the October surprise ends up being the Chaos caucus shutting down the government… They’re mostly all in safe seats and Trump made it abundantly clear last night that he doesn’t expect to be able to pass any meaningful legislation - just push executive power as much as possible because the deal maker can’t make deals.
So, their influence will continue to be to run on “government sucks” and then suck in government.

14 Likes

Last week.

15 Likes

I’m from near Spokane, Washington. A sasquatch is “our” mascot. However, I know to avoid the folks with a sasquatch on their car, unless they have at least 1000 other bumper stickers indicating progressiveness. It is a dog whistle.

19 Likes