Trump And His Friends Seize On Arizona Voter Registration Error As Conspiracy Theory Fodder

Originally published at: Trump And His Friends Seize On Arizona Voter Registration Error As Conspiracy Theory Fodder

Earlier this month, Maricopa County election officials detected an error in Arizona’s voter registration system, which has jeopardized tens of thousands of registered voters’ ability to vote full ballot in the upcoming election.  While the error did not impact registration for voting in federal elections, it doesn’t matter to some — the fact of the…

What’s this I hear about Gaetz and Diddy maybe sharing a cell?

:musical_note: Love is in the air…:musical_note:

17 Likes

Starting to look like the 101st Fart-borne Atherosclerotic Natty Ice Division is going to have to start shooting up our country - gays and black first! - before anybody starts to wonder that the GOP had to blow our entire election process so wide open that they let just anybody in, including foreign intelligence and anyone with a fist full of money.

If God says to you you’re going to be president, it means anything goes, I guess.

2 Likes

Not first, but close!

13 Likes

That’s a beautiful smile!

2 Likes

These election deniers are awful human beings. Any lie will do to get the result they want.

1 Like

Of course this is a Republican run state, but that doesn’ seem to bother them.

5 Likes

What’s up with morning memo this morning? Did it go on a diet?

No cat pic, just a cat and dog cartoon.

15 Likes

Rigging the Arizona election? Yikes!

I thought today was “Find Evidence That WWIII Has Already Started” Day. Conservatives, the topic is Arizona today. Adjust your messaging accordingly.

(A public service message from TPM)

6 Likes

They have until 11:59

My theory…

Probably hungover from drinking too much schadenfreude after the Robinson news.

But couldnt drink until after midnight and he didnt dtop out…

4 Likes

Not on a diet – just skipping breakfast. Maybe MM will be posted in time to peruse it over lunch in the eastern time zone.

2 Likes

around 97,000 people who received licenses prior to 1996, have been incorrectly marked as having provided documentary proof of citizenship to vote in state and local elections

According to MAGA, this proves that Arizona elections have been rigged for the last 30 years. As @darrtown often reminds us, Arizona has been solid GOP since the 60s. Thus, either the elections are rigged in the favor of the GOP, or rigging hasn’t had any effect. I’ll wait for the NYT and WaPo to make this point.

13 Likes

Beautiful! … but back to Arizona, just send all those Republican Arizonans notices that they are no longer registered to vote. They will need to re-apply, in person, with their naturalization papers, at a designated county courthouse by such and such a date.

What, no naturalization papers? You say you were born in this country? Prove it. You have “a copy” of your birth certificate? Why not the real thing? Oh wait … this is a “Certificate of Live Birth”! Sorry, dude. Not good enough.

4 Likes

I live in Pima County 125 miles south of Phoenix,

"Earlier this month, Maricopa County election officials detected an error in Arizona’s voter registration system, which has jeopardized tens of thousands of registered voters’ ability to vote full ballot in the upcoming election. "
… … … … … … … …
I am registered as a democrat and I prefer a mail in ballot. Last Wednesday the Pima County Recorder’s office sent me a text message that my ballot would be in the mail to me on October 9th. Apparently in Pima County there is no mix up…far as I can tell.

2 Likes

I think I got confused and thought this was Morning Memo when I went to refresh since it came about the same time as MM usually does. So maybe its still on its way, huh?

2 Likes

Where art thou, morning memo.

2 Likes

Gov. Hobbs is a Dem. Now if you’re saying that it was a Republican controlled state when this error occurred…

So when do Rudy, and the Kraken-lady, and the fart-sniffer, and Jeffrey what’s-his-name, and the rest of the election truthers show up and hold a press conference outside a Dollar General store?

1 Like

My driver’s license and passport worked for me to get registered.

2 Likes

Interesting that the state Republicans agree with the Democratic Secretary of State but Trump et.al. are claiming the elections are rigged. Sigh

Fontes also noted that the majority of those impacted are Republicans, which may, in part, explain why the state GOP Senate President and House Speaker are in agreement with Fontes, and have submitted an amicus brief to the Arizona Supreme Court asking that these voters be allowed access to full ballots in the November election.

2 Likes