Trump Ally Gets A Taste Of MAGA's Medicine

Originally published at: Trump Ally Gets A Taste Of MAGA’s Medicine

Hello, it’s the weekend. This is The Weekender :coffee: That’ll Do It The attorney general in the state of Missouri, Andrew Bailey, is making a bunch of headlines for announcing on his podcast Thursday that he intends to sue the amorphous state of New York and officials there for what he describes as “their direct…

1 Like

64 Likes

Err…trump IS NOT PRESIDENT.
Second you have no standing in NY court I am aware of, Mr Bailey.
Your suit will get nowhere.
And further trump was duly convicted by a jury as our system does it. It does not affect my vote in any way so there is no attack on democracy here.
Mr Bailey, you embarass your office.

51 Likes

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ― George Orwell

38 Likes

Maybe the press can press these advocates of fetal personhood ideology then who pays for the frozen embryos to stay in stasis? Do frozen embryos get counted during census? And yet these frozen embryos do not consume food, air or water.

33 Likes

Children obviously don’t ask to be born. Considering the millions of Americans who either commit suicide, attempt it, or seriously contemplate it each year, it’s awfully arrogant of Idaho to presume to know what its surplus IVF embryos, which it calls “people” after all, want.

It’s just another aspect of life over which rightists want to lord control.

25 Likes

There is also the matter of the Full Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution requiring states to respect the judgements of courts in other states. The MO state AG knows this full well and depends of this clause in his own state. So he is just looking for brownie points from a legally illiterate Trump. I doubt he files the suit for fear of getting it tossed immediately.

30 Likes

87 Likes

Donnie is illiterate in most things not having to grift or beg for money. There are over a dozen fields he considers himself to be the finest expert in human history. If I were so motivated I could list them. An example:
He bragged in 2016 that he knows more of what is in Sen. Cory Booker’s head than Booker himself.

20 Likes

Here’s a weekend puppy.

60 Likes

If you can’t stand Maher and you need a couple of chuckles…….

26 Likes

Comments are back! At least momentarily… at least here. Stay tuned to once again have them taken from us. Let’s see if I can find a photo of a cat somewhere…

Okay, it’s not a real cat. But the roadrunner and its prey are genuine.

40 Likes

Where squaring the circle collides with cognitive dissonance. Or maybe it’s just proof that MAGAs don’t have two brain cells to rub together.

5 Likes

Yeah, here in MO we (well, some of us) have been seeing this pattern with MO AGs for a while.

26 Likes

Or as dependents? If you had enough frozen embryos your deduction might pay for the storage costs.

20 Likes

Missouri republican. Nuf said.

12 Likes

The Republican primary race there devolved into a full on grudge match

Democrats in disarray, cannot decide whether to support or oppose Good or McGuire. This does not bode well for President Biden in his effort to woo MAGA voters.

8 Likes

The not wanting is the key though. Once born conservatives could care less about poverty malnutrition, abuse, and every other suffering the resulting children might have to endure. They know it will increase the amount of human suffering, and that’s not a bug it’s a feature.

23 Likes

As sick as that sounds, I think you may be on to something…

15 Likes

50 Likes