Trump Allies Scramble To Clean Up Racist Mess

Yeah, I can’t imagine anyone in the administration thinking. “Miller - he’s perfect for the Sunday morning talk shows!” He’s terrible on air. He seems to radiate evil, he’s got those dead shark eyes, he either flatly spouts fascist nonsense or, if cornered, gets wound up and goes off on an embarrassing rant.

So, this indicates some real bottom-of-the-barrel-scraping desperation on the part of the staff.

2 Likes

I’d have to see his Fordham transcript. It’s documented that Fred, Jr called Penn’s admissions office to get Donnie an admissions interview.

Undergraduate admissions at Penn just weren’t that tough at that point in time: their admissions rate was around 40%.

Graduate and professional school admissions are a whole 'nother thing, as you know. I’d be stunned if Donnie could have gotten into Wharton for an MBA.

Agree that she’s a very strong candidate. In my mind, Harris and Warren would be equally tough, knowledgeable, policy-driven candidates with plenty of experience to back up their promises.

I look forward to being proud of my president again.

1 Like

Here in Michigan we’ve been managed like a business these last 8 years and so our entire DMV system (known as the Secretary of State offices) are a total mess. We elected a Democrat who promised to fix it. She did a tour of every office in the state to see where we were and it wasn’t pretty. She is making a plan and announced that people would have to be patient as it might take all four years to get to all the neglect and problems. Immediately, her Republican opponent accused her of walking away from campaign promises. Interestingly, her Republican predecessor, who has a new job in that Republican failing up way, had no comment.

1 Like

Well there was an impossible image. I don’t think he can bend…physically or metaphorically!

Maybe, but Graham’s public switch from never-trumper to sickeningly obsequious ass-licker was so abrupt and shocking, there had to be something serious behind it.

trump, having been raised in the mob and still controlled by it (this time the Russian oligarchs) knows how to use blackmail as a weapon. He’s got plenty of secrets - his own and others’ - that he is clever enough to keep hidden.

In my opinion, trump’s first move on someone who disagrees with him would be to get the person under control, through hush money, blackmail or physical threats, a la Cohen. If the person succumbs, then that person’s part of the family and is rewarded with perks and protection. If the person continues to show “disloyalty,” then trump leans hard and tries to humiliate them publicly. And he never forgets a slight.

3 Likes

Also, I’m not so sure that Trump adjusts so much as everyone else does.

I’d vote for a cow pie

fresh-cow-shit-on-green-260nw-543884881

before I would vote for trump.

1 Like

Our country is being destroyed before our eyes. Now that’s the sort of language I heard from wingers I know when Obama was in office but now I see it. Whole groups of employees in at least two federal departments are being told “either up and move across the country in 30 days or you are fired”.
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/19/743599320/trump-administration-announces-plans-to-move-hundreds-of-federal-jobs-out-of-d-c

1 Like

I’ve noticed how ANGRY Graham is when forced to protect Trump. Maybe…

I think next to no “maybe” about it.
And for some reason disco bot does not like me including quotes from previous posts…
Bad disco bot
Bad
Bad disco bot.

3 Likes

You just have to remove a single character from the quoted post (like a period), and it works just fine.

@discobot is just like finding a new lover, you have to know how to treat her right!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

Bad disco bot

And on another note …my weather underground app is losing it. The ambient air temperature here in Tucson is 105 degrees. Not abnormal of r this time of year BUT the app is saying it feels like 99 degrees.
BULLSHIT!!
It frigging feels like 105.
I challenge the programmers of the Weather Underground app to come here and see if it feels like it’s 99 outside.

2 Likes

Not THAT weather underground
You know who I mean

https://www.wunderground.com/

1 Like

Honest mistake… They also turned up the heat…

1 Like

I have that weather app on my phone and tablet and tell ya what…it ain’t no 99 outside right now…it’s 105. No matter where one is, that is hot.

1 Like

I want to know how he was recommended, and by whom. No way Trump brought him along himself.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available