Trump Admin Sidelines CDC To Give Pentagon ‘Unprecedented’ Role In Vaccine Distribution | Talking Points Memo

They’re going to fall off the edge somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

They are trying to take down virtually the entire GOP as it is now configured and rebuild.

Inasmuch as we have to have a second party since one party rule inevitably leads to problems and dictatorships, it is devoutly to be wished that we have a sane opposition party, not a fascist opposition party. That’s what their aim is - to rebuild a sane GOP.

1 Like

I do hope you are right.

Thank you, I wish we had leadership or media that would explain this, but I just get some information that just is half the story and the media just say the something over and over, without really giving the detail information that we need showing like Bill Nye actually how this virus is transferred. Maybe if they showed how the transfer is made, how masks stop it. Do not just tell us over and over to wear a mask, show us over and over how it stops the virus, which is not subject to interpretation.

Dancing%2C%20with%20satisfaction

3 Likes

Well Herman, you have been released. Hope you’re enjoying the ultimate freedom.

1 Like

The Constant Gardener comes to America.

You misspelled Thief.

1 Like

Lincoln Project long term goal is to utterly destroy the contemporary Republican Party as conceived by Newt Gingrich, gamed by Mitch McConnell and culminating with the administration of Donald Trump, Blow up the structure, dynamite the foundations, bulldoze it into ocean beyond the low tide mark, then depth charge it for good measure. To be replaced by a rational center right conservative party to balance the Democrats, who by then will probably be busy destroying themselves in a civil war over identity politics.

1 Like

Well said. Much better than I said it.

I can’t really take credit. It’s pretty much a paraphrase of Tom Nichols from his hour-long conversation with Josh.

1 Like

A mask is a very sensible tool. It prevents me from sending virus your way (assuming I am a carrier) and you from send in virus my way (again assuming you wear a mask). This to me is being considerate of one’s fellow man. The 6 foot distancing (studies have shown) cuts way down on transmission. The two together are the best defense we have now. Recent information from Moderna says the vaccine they have is making a more effective antibody to covid than natural infection does and that is good news. For some viral vaccines it has taken decades of work and we still do not have a vaccine. But we do have effective drug combinations. I am thinking of HIV/AIDS. For another virus we have vaccines that afford life long immunity to the point we have been able to all but eliminate the virus completely. I am thinking of polio, the awful scourge of my youth that damaged my sister and, to a lesser extent, me.
I expect covid will always be with us as a legacy of donald trump’s fucking incompetence. And I think we will be seeing vaccines for both flu and covid on an annual basis even though the two viruses are not related
As an aside, science reporting in the media usually is shallow and based on an incomplete understanding of biology. This is not so much meant as a value judgement. After all reporters are journalists, not scientists. I am no kind of journalist and I would suck at it because of the need for a journalist to avoid opinions in their straight reporting.

1 Like

Better than giving it to a crony or some GOP grifter. I actually trust the military to properly store, handle, and distribute the vaccine and to do it so that quality control is maintained through the entire process.

B- b- b- but ---- If the MAGAts believe the virus is a hoax, why would they need a vaccine?

Computer-generated narrator: Doesn’t. Compute.

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust a vaccine created in the USA during Trump’s term in office. I’d opt for one of the vaccines being developed and tested, with promising results so far, in other countries, such as New Zealand.

1 Like

Ditto.

2 Likes

The completion of both developing and testing a vaccine will likely occur after Biden takes office. I expect little progress on anything positive in the next five months.

1 Like

That is a sweet sight.

Donnie’s losing badly. The veneer has faded and the ugly green corrosion spots beneath are impossible to ignore any longer.

Luckily, COVID-19’s mutation rate is half that of flu viruses, which may mean that an effective vaccine will last longer. Unfortunately, a very effective vaccine will select for strains that can avoid it so it vaccine development for COVID-19 will have to be an ongoing process unless one is developed that targets something on the virus that can’t be changed and I think that is unlikely. Work on this virus involves a very interesting mix of molecular biology, biochemistry, and evolutionary analysis.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available