Trump Admin Sidelines CDC To Give Pentagon ‘Unprecedented’ Role In Vaccine Distribution | Talking Points Memo

Based on the Kushner testing plan, blue states need not apply for the Govt Vaccine.
Only MAGA hat wearers will be serviced, even in red states

13 Likes

Right?

He sure is punishing the CDC for all he’s worth.

29 Likes

94 1/2 days…

6 Likes

If there was a vaccine at this very moment, I wouldn’t touch it for anything. This criminal enterprise doesn’t know what the hell they’re doing and whatever they think it is, it’s going to backfire on them. Get this freakin idiot out of the WH.

21 Likes

He won’t be president by the time a vaccine is ready.

But he’s doing this, because as CinC he can order people in the Pentagon to do whatever he wants. He can’t order people in the CDC around like that. That’s also why he wanted the National Guard to collect hospital data.

24 Likes

It’s just more wannabe tough guy election posturing, about something that isn’t even real yet.

There probably won’t be a safe and effective vaccine until early next year, when Biden can put an immediate halt to this shit. And then install someone less supine than Redfield at the head of CDC.

15 Likes

The only warp speed is the further journey into insanity.

I guess the CDC can replace the troops he took from Germany.

16 Likes

Given the fairly obvious fact that there won’t be vaccine available to the public until after the Biden inauguration, this is just more of Trump’s moronic posturing and pretense.

The flop sweat smells to high heaven, and the desperation is palpable.
I can’t stop smiling.

33 Likes

As important as it is to have a vaccine as soon as possible, the worst that could happen is that we’d have one and the Dumpsterfire would f**k up production and distribution. I will gladly hole up until January (as I’m pretty sure I’ll have to anyway) to wait for a shot.

20 Likes

In retrospect, I am surprised Pompeo is not there among the manly men marching to hold a bible as the tear gas subsides. After all, he is 4th in line for the presidency and swears that the corrupt DOJ will choose the election date.

2 Likes

And the reality is the MAGAt’s are the most likely to refuse a vaccine…

10 Likes

I have a feeling they weren’t pliant enough about getting with his program of denial and false reassurance.
I also wouldn’t be surprised to learn he wants to do something that he can take all the credit for, although I can’t see how he’s gonna be around for this directive’s implementation.
Actually, I rather doubt it’s going to survive the transition to the Biden administration: it’s such a misapplication of resources.

14 Likes

Remember when the craziest, deadliest lunatic on the planet was Charles Manson?

Those were the days…

33 Likes

Among other things, this will ensure the US Military is operationally spread out across the country – just in case they might be needed. It is also a way of normalizing a military presence within the USA.

It is imperative that Trump and ALL Republicans be booted from office this November. This is just another step toward tyranny.

14 Likes

Next he’ll be folding Congress and SCOTUS into the Pentagon’s control.

1 Like

Yup, Tena. They are competent, they have a pool of money that can be subverted, don’t particularly like Trump, and must follow orders. Pretty much this makes them a perfect mechanism for a Trump scam.

His problem is that the Joint Chiefs are smarter than he is, and have a much higher planning horizon. It will be interesting to see how they respond (even though it may take a few years to find out).

4 Likes

The best yet from the Lincoln Project.
Be ready to laugh out loud.
A lot.

35 Likes

You are a born historian. It’s what the story indicates. in this case, fright beyond belief.

The problem we historians have though, is that we are often residing in those hapless societies with the story.

That was the lesson that Herman Wouk’s character Aaron Jastrow learned too late…

10 Likes

A crazed, babbling, wild-haired psychopath could describe either Chuckie or Donnie.

6 Likes

This is all about keeping federal contracts awarded to The Right People secret.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available