Trump Admin Edits CDC Guidance That Suggested Limiting Choirs At Church Services | Talking Points Memo

The Trump administration edited the CDC’s public “Interim Guidance for Communities of Faith” to remove advice about choirs and the risk of transmitting the novel coronavirus.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1311653

Of course they did.

11 Likes

What do you want? You can’t go to heaven without a choir. Everyone knows that. It’s in the bible and the constitution.

12 Likes

Why was this necessary? The CDC issued sensible guidance, not enforceable orders; adamant churches could accept or reject them. The CDC allowed itself to be politicized and propagandized so, now, none of us will trust anything they report or recommend. Try putting the toothpaste back into that tube. Their credibility for placating the Chief Toddler’s misguided whims in appeasing his shallow evangelical base.

ETTD.

18 Likes

Two Corinthians made Donnie intervene!

4 Likes

Trump to Evangelicals: “I hate you gullible rubes! I hope you all die! Idiots!”

Evangelicals (above deafening applause): “Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!”

30 Likes

The headline could be

Trump Admin Denies Barbecuing Babies in the Rose Garden

The Trump supporters concern would be whether it was Kansas City style or Memphis.

12 Likes

The CDC is looking like a bunch of spineless sycophants out of all of this. That’s concerning.

10 Likes

Editing of anything harmful to Trumpaloooza 2020?

They’ve only just begun.

6 Likes

No worries! We’ll always have the WHO.

Oh wait…

5 Likes

So now we have the Trump White House telling CDC what health practices they can be allowed to recommend or recommend against, and they’re pulling out of the international organization, WHO, that would be the other authoritative source of health information. Must get health advice from the White House or Fox “News” from now on.

Folks, this is impeachable all over again.

9 Likes

89756fe45b452a14b29850f99e091773054271af_1_375x500

Now you can sing for your own funeral!

2 Likes

Look up the DCD director’s history. That’ll give you a pretty good idea of why they’re that way.

Um, wouldn’t it be simpler to just, like, give all your supporters poison kool-aid?

Yes that “kiss for luck” could be deadly.

1 Like

The Trump administration has systematically undermined everything they can- but by undermining scientific health guidelines in the middle of a pandemic they are blatantly showing their disregard for health and containing Covid-19. Based on the incident of disease transmission that took place in the choir in Washington, it is practically begging to have more infections, illness, hospitalization and deaths - that would otherwise be 100% preventable. I’m going to just be civil and say it’s unconscionable, but I am thinking a lot of other things.

10 Likes

In a recent interview Dr. Fauci also said it was too soon for communal church events like serving communion - hosts as well as wine. But that’s not what churches have been told, and many places of worship in Maryland are opening up this weekend (if they haven’t already). My church included.

Luckily, the requirement to attend Mass in person on Sunday is still suspended for the foreseeable future - I plan to continue attending video services and not attending those in person for a long time yet to come.

3 Likes

trump is killing for votes

5 Likes

Venting where trump is concerned I do not believe will be taken as an ad hominem attack since it does not concern someone who comments here. Therefore cut loose if ya feel the need. And consider yourself forgiven before the fact.

5 Likes