Troye: WH Staffers Discussed Possible Scenario Of Trump Refusing To Leave Office | Talking Points Memo

Ever notice how many of the people who experienced Trump up close, look a bit shell shocked at first when they speak out. Like the haze is slowly dissipating.

26 Likes

Bill Maher tried to pin down Bernie Sanders on this during his interview last night. All Bernie had for a reply was ā€œThe people must rise up, etcā€¦ā€ Bill was rightfully disdainful of that. I want a contingency plan from the military (who may already have one) which involves hauling his ass out of the White House and throwing his cheesy belongings on the lawn. Then a team of Native American shamans can cleanse the place psychically.

7 Likes

I find it increasingly fucking irritating that this country, that beat the British Empire not once but twice, defeated the Axis Powers and rebuilt Europe, is so goddamned paralyzed because of a single motherfucking imbecile.

If only Castro and Khrushchev were alive to enjoy this farce.

51 Likes

So then weā€™d just sit back and watch the down ballot Republican candidates tear him to pieces? Iā€™m cool wit dat.

8 Likes

And the GRU man said:

ā€œIf the KGB or the GRU put another Political Officer on this vessel, I would be the LAST to know.ā€

When Swalwell spoke, I had this line of thinking in mind.

But back to my earlier post, we MUST keep Trump on the defensive. He was on the defensive when he said that crazy :crazy_face: ā€œHerd Mentalityā€

11 Likes

Yes. He has that affect apparently. Like talking to a tornado.

6 Likes

Because those mean nasty Democratic peopleā€™s party figured out that I had help winning an election I didnā€™t mean to win, but when they didnā€™t fall to their knees and praise every word that came out of my, whatever, and I all I did was defend myself, I couldnā€™t have the fun I wanted, and was promised Iā€™d have. So I, Donald J. Trump, declare I get extra time because those people wouldnā€™t bow down before me like they did Obama.

9 Likes

Can we PLEASE stop obsessing over every open, implied and inferred threat the motherfucker makes, like his sewer rat mouth has the ability to change reality? This is what he does, mess with peoplesā€™ heads by saying outlandish things, in the hopes that it sows doubt and leads to panic and unforced errors and people looking the wrong way while he does what he actually intends to do.

There is NO lawful process by which he can refuse to leave office if Biden is the certified winner. The only way he can stay in office is either legally, by legitimately winning the election, or illegally, by stealing the election, or by losing the election and staging some sort of coup, with the help of the military, secret service and whatever. Since there appears to be little chance of his winning legitimately, and a coup just seems too far out there to take seriously, the option we should focus on is stealing the election. Everything else is just a waste of time. Heā€™s a professional bullshit artist and nothing he says should be taken at face value, including the threats.

34 Likes

Not helping, still confused.

1 Like

I bet the Imagineers at Disney could pull this off pronto. But where would get a big enough tranquilizer dart and meds to knock him unconsious?

One way or another, the day he took office is the last day he had anything normal in his life. No pleasant lazy mornings, no quiet trysts or casual golf days. The pressure, the obligations and the critics will be forever droning in his ears. And the moment he steps out of the chair, his legal problems will roll over him and his family well past his death.

27 Likes

And Trumpism will meld back into Derp.

3 Likes

28 Likes

If this accurately describes the discussions, then everyone was wasting their time.

If Trump clearly loses the election, he will step down. Of course he will. He will have no option.
But the point is that Trump will falsely claim victory, no matter what the poll results say. Once he has made that claimā€“and had it verified by a corrupt DOJ and enforced by litigation by the Trump Campaignā€“the fact of his loss will be automatically thrown into doubt.

It is crucial to frame this properly. The threat isnā€™t that a passive Trump will lock himself up in the Lincoln bedroom. The threat is that he will actively and falsely mobilize the organs of state to push a claim that false but nonetheless maintainable by the corrupt organs of government. WH staffers should be squarely discussing what to do in those circumstancesā€“which amount to a coup by litigation and confusion.

28 Likes

Tribble Threat complained of anticipated delays related to mailed votes, adding: ā€œSo if weā€™re waiting for one state, does that mean the whole nation, the whole world is going to wait for one state?ā€

Nah, Donnie, if thereā€™s one state left, you just declare yourself the winner and start a civil war. Thatā€™s how it usually goes.

3 Likes

Who and when will the regime lackeys be reminded that if the election results are fixed against Trump then all the down ballot races are fixed.
So whatā€™s the split in the Senate on Senators that arenā€™t up for relection?

3 Likes

That was always the threat, not Trump. Without those minions, heā€™s the wacko at the end of the tavern**.

The fact that the centrality of the minions to Trumpā€™s efforts is not analyzed and disseminated to a wider audience is a major tragedy.

** or treatment facility

15 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more. The threat is that the GOP, acting nationally and in concert, will mobilize in accordance with their long-held practice and belief that the country belongs to them and that only one party should govern and that democracy is optional gloss on their power.

13 Likes

"The President at one point even talked on Friday of canceling the election altogether. "

On what planet does any functional brain stem think this is even remotely possible?

The feds have NOTHING to do with elections ā€“ zero, nada, ziltch.

All 50 states are just gonna cancel the elections that THEY run, just because Trump says to?

This guy has been surrounded so long by ass-kissing yes-men that heā€™s delusional.

Reality is about to whack Marmalade Mugabe in the forehead with a metaphorical two-by-four.

30 Likes

Pathological narcissism

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available