Trial Judge Rips Trump Over Attacks On His Daughter

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484951

Just liked the headline, May it be so
Trump Media auditor warns that losses threaten the company’s ability to stay in business (msn.com)

70 Likes

$175M Bond: Follow the money!

32 Likes

Hold up…businesses need to make a profit in order to remain a going concern?

What kind of Librul deep state nonsense is THAT! :astonished:

41 Likes

They only do this shit because they have nothing
Fox News Edited Clip Of WH Press Secretary’s Remarks To Stoke Fauxtrage | Crooks and Liars
By Conover Kennard — April 2, 2024

Fox News talking heads lost their shit over Transgender Day of Visibility landing on Easter Sunday, which has been a thing for 15 years now, long before President Joe Biden took office.

Biden is doing such a great job that Fox News has to make things up. The network edited White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre’s answer to a question about the fake outrage over Trans Day, as you can see above in the side-by-side video by Kat Abu.

40 Likes

MSM needs to reach this point.

86 Likes

[T]his pattern of attacking family members of presiding jurists and attorneys assigned to his cases serves no legitimate purpose.

It serves a totally illegitimate purpose, to rile up some MAGAts to take care of the problem for him.

Trump Beats Deadline With $175M Bond

I was really hoping that at the last second Trump would have gotten a call and told him “April fools”

The 2024 wannabe spoiler Robert F. Kennedy Jr. declared on CNN last night that Joe Biden is a greater threat to democracy than Donald Trump.

A BOLD attempt to totally ruin the Kennedy legacy.

I believe we’ll have to wait until after the election to see what 175M buys.

24 Likes

80 Likes

FIRST!!! (for my time-zone).

Also, the pups are just waking up…

67 Likes

“While a gag order was a necessary step to protect the sanctity of the upcoming trial, it’s not going to be enough by itself to head off the political violence Trump has unleashed and keeps holding over the head of the Republic like a sword of Damocles.”

DIM…

20 Likes

Each of the judges in all the cases, should bring Trump into their court-rooms.

They should read the death-threats out loud, into the court record.

Then they should mention the exact date and time these threats began.

Then they should show Trump’s comments just before that.

Then they should force Trump to acknowledge that he has heard everything said in court that day.

His affirmative response should then be entered into the court record, too.

Then, should anything happen to ANYONE he’s threatened or doxxed, HE should be arrested for inciting the violence.

92 Likes

Aaaw…brown one protective of the black one?

13 Likes

Sounds like he is going after Trump voters.

34 Likes

That would assume that RFK Jr knows what he’s doing.

50 Likes

Yup - Burt loves Penny and vice-versa.

Violet is now demanding equal time.

55 Likes

Gag orders, which have degenerated into mere rhetorical admonitions from the bench, are not going to deter Trump in the least. Only confinement in conditions of being incommunicado as far as any public statements are concerned, will suffice.

43 Likes

Good news, although I don’t know what to make of this:

On Thursday, the latest University of Michigan survey showed consumers expect inflation to fall to 2.9% in the next year, down from expectations of 3% seen during February.

Consumers are differentiating between a 2.9 and 3.0 forecast for the year? I suspect there’s something behind the scenes for these numbers, so any explanation from financial wizards here would be appreciated.

35 Likes

Correct. The only deterrent is confinement.

17 Likes

Ain’t that a kick in the head. :disappointed_relieved:

30 Likes

If I were the judge, I’d dare him to say it to my face in open court and when he balked, like all bullies do when their bluff is called, I’d keep pushing and telling him to do it and that by not doing it, he’s admitting he knows it was wrong and that it’s meant to cause violence and demand that he admit THAT too. I would want him so utterly infuriated and blinded by ego-wound rage that when he left that courtroom after me reading him the riot act and ordering his fucking mouth shut, he’d find himself completely incapable of controlling himself and would violate the gag order by the end of the day so I could put him behind bars and write him a 6 figure fine.

Then again, this is probably why I’m not a judge…

72 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available