Top Execs Exit Trump Media Amid Allegations of CEO’s Mismanagement and Retaliation

Originally published at: Top Execs Exit Trump Media Amid Allegations of CEO’s Mismanagement and Retaliation - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This article first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox. Former President Donald Trump’s media company has forced out executives in recent days after internal allegations that its CEO, former Rep. Devin Nunes, is mismanaging the…

ETT continues to D.

12 Likes

Im old enough to remember when whistleblower allegations of improper spending involving foreign agents (im guessing russian) at the company owned and fronted by the republican nominee would be a big deal.

Amazing how the same people got so upset over some nonsense about a goddamn email server.

20 Likes

This should be a red flag for tech workers. This is not a company you want to work for, it is not a company where you will be respected.

On a more general note, a philosophical question: can a business which is designed to cater to people who are the marks of the right wing con job not, itself, be a con? Can any “conservative” business succeed, as a business and not a revenue generator for a few individuals?

9 Likes

Hard to believe that Devin Nunes would retaliate for any perceived slights. Oh, wait a minute. Didn’t he attempt to sue the parody Twitter accounts Devin Nunes’ Cow and Devin Nunes’ Mom?
He seems nice.

21 Likes

“TMTG strictly adheres to all laws and applicable regulations.”

A question, TMTG, did Donald Trump lose the last election?

Any focus on reality? Civility? Honesty? Virtue? How about lawfulness?

6 Likes

No surprise, it’s a Trump op so of course it is: (a) mismanaged, (b) retaliatory, (c) obfuscatory, and (d) failing [as a legitimate enterprise]

14 Likes

Even harder to believe Mr Mooo-nes would be mismanaging something.

Shorter Devin, to the Board: “My only job is to make sure lots of money flows to my lord and savior’s personal accounts.”

4 Likes

One person said they include allegations of misuse of funds, hiring of foreign contractors and interfering with product development.

Putin’s IRA or GRU perhaps?

6 Likes

All I know about Devin Nunes is he was a dairy farmer from Califorina who got elected to Congress. Was more Republican partisan than Congressman. He is a Trump suck up. My understanding is he had zero experience in media or being a CEO. What could possibly go wrong in any company he might run.

It is almost like making one of Trump’s daughters in law chair of the Republican party.

18 Likes

What role Trump plays, if any, in the day-to-day operations of the company is not clear.

"Geez. I don’t even know!"

7 Likes

Devin seems well fed these days

12 Likes

Wow, did Devin Nunes literally become the big cow he was suing meaning that parody cow account on Twitter years back.

7 Likes

Been counting down to this crap since Nunes tried to sue a cow.

3 Likes

Forced out or did they quit in protest?

4 Likes

I think it’s what is holding them together. They can’t turn on Trump because the whole thing is a scam, and they don’t know how to eat without it.

If we ever capture the root fuckstick at the heart of bullshit island, the first thing he’ll ask is ‘why did it take you so long’.

3 Likes

I hear there is a rise in male prostitution whenever there is a conservative conversation in town. They cant ALL be honeypots.

4 Likes

It’s all the moles and rats…

2 Likes

You let them put on some extra weight before the slaughter.

11/5/24 gonna be ugly for some…

2 Likes