Tom Cotton Thinks Protesters May Need To Get ‘Their Skin Ripped Off’ - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) has been a fan of violence against protesters for some time. Interestingly, it’s only the demonstrators who have certain causes — like Black Lives Matter or Gaza, as opposed to, say, Stopping the Steal — that seem to catch the senator’s attention, and prompt genuinely diabolical proposals for how they might be retaliated against.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486097

Former GOP insider: Trump has “reprogrammed a generation” to fight against democracy

The good news is that most of that reprogrammed generation is going to kick the bucket within a decade or two. Maybe sooner if the GOP gets their way on policy.

9 Likes

Pathetic chicken-head.

5 Likes

Just encouraging his fellow Patriots to exercise their God-given right to do anything they wanna do anywhere all the time.

12 Likes

The gentleman from Arkansas is both a lawyer and a decorated army officer who has seen action. It’s really a shame he doesn’t understand what his role in either situation is supposed to defend.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t be surprised if his pa gave him a good switchin’ every week on the rural homestead when he was a child, just for good measure, too.

10 Likes

Cotton is a sick, very disturbed person.

26 Likes

“Forget it, Jake, it’s Arkansas.”

13 Likes

YEAH!! Fuck all those “woke” niceties in the constitution (very old and boring) that don’t include me and my Orange Jesus getting our lily white knobs polished until they reflect more sunlight than the sun emits (science is boring too).

6 Likes

" state lawmakers have repeatedly introduced bills that would excuse motorists who run over protestors — an effort that was reinvigorated after 2020’s George Floyd protests."

I think that the legal principle here is that no liberal or progressive has any rights that any white man is obliged to respect.

21 Likes

state lawmakers have repeatedly introduced bills that would excuse motorists who run over protestors

If Trump is re-elected, he’ll option a reality TV show called “Bleeding heart road pizzas.” And his base will watch it religiously.

2 Likes

LOL

29 Likes

Being a good Christian he knows he is forgiven every Sunday then start sinning again on Monday.

10 Likes

I can only hope to one day glance up from my dashboard to find Tom Cotton jaywalking.

15 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: Tom Cotton A Violence-Loving Freako
In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead

11 Likes

And I’m sure Cotton wouldn’t have a problem if the police and their dogs came out to help Arkansas drivers with their little protester problem. After all, attacking non-white protesters on a bridge has a well known history in the south.

Cotton should stick to cowardly running away from scary mobs instead of running his mouth.

13 Likes

He really got me. I think more of his fellow MAGAs should follow suit.

13 Likes

he suggested protesters may need to get “their skin ripped off” to learn a lesson

Good ol’ flaying. Kind of died out after the middle ages. So did drawing and quartering.

Now I wonder what Sen. Cotton would say if someone suggested he be drawn and quartered?
I bet he’d be enraged. Just wouldn’t want to be a goose to someone’s gander.

5 Likes

Obviously, calls for vigilantism to combat a slew of perceived harms and annoyances have been on the rise within the mainstream Republican Party for some time.

The Gentleman from Arkansas should be aware that:

1. It works both ways

2. There are more of us then you.

3. Some of us West Coast Liberals are ex-Retired Military who own firearms and know how to use them.

As I’ve written before, we prefer to talk to our opponents rather then fight them. But the Senator best believe that just because we are compassionate does not make us weak.

SPOCK (Leonard Nimoy): Vulcans do not approve of violence.
KIRK (William Shatner): You’re saying he couldn’t have done it?
SPOCK: No, Captain. I’m merely saying it would be illogical to kill without reason.
KIRK: But if he had a reason, could he have done it?
SPOCK: If there were a reason, my father is quite capable of killing. Logically and efficiently.

19 Likes

I know I’m somehow supposed to – because MAGA-violence is a thing if nothing else – but do find it difficult to take Tom Cotton seriously. Is it the kneejerk pandering, the hick logic, the scrawny neck complete with protruding adam’s apple? I honestly don’t know but there it is.

4 Likes

Senator Cotton, let’s assume that the protesters aren’t blocking a bridge with their bodies or gluing their hands to cars, but instead are driving trucks very slowly, or stopping them completely, on an interstate around a major city. Shall we city goers take matters into our own hands as well? I look forward to hearing your doubletalk.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available