TK House Votes To Strip Greene Of Her Committee Assignments

The House of Representatives voted to strip Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) of her committee assignments Thursday, with 11 Republicans joining the Democratic caucus.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1358480
1 Like

“This is not partisan. It is about principle.”

Well, no. “Principles” are a Democrat thing. Totally partisan, more’s the pity.

34 Likes

Great! And it’s not a lot but 11 repubs agreeing is somewhat heartening.

57 Likes

Sadly, that makes it partisan. Republicans only vote for decency when they are forced to.

8 Likes

Happy dance!!

18 Likes

Well, well, well…

11 GOPpers joined in, huh?

Had a suspicion this might be the case - at least Faux Noise and the other nutcase news organizations will have to work at making it a partisan attack, won’t they?

It won’t stop her. It will embolden her position that she’s being victimized. But I applaud Hoyer for what he did in walking around the FB page. Nicely done, sir.

62 Likes

“You left it to us to do your job,” Hoyer blazed at the Republican side of the chamber, adding: “This is not partisan, it’s about principle.”

This is also about the rise of domestic white terrorism. It surely has no place being espoused by white congresspeople.

43 Likes

how much overlap between the 11 against green vs the 10 against trump?

13 Likes

ADL spokesguy on TV: “She is breaking new ground in anti-semitism.”

28 Likes

I suspect if there’s a trend, we might see a little more reaching across the aisle in the House than was anticipated.

10 Likes

This is great news: the Democrats are showing strength and speed and it’s about goddamn time.

62 Likes

purple dogs?

4 Likes

I hope this is the first of many Democratic actions to make republicans accountable for their incitement.

53 Likes

18 Likes

Yeeesss. Feel the power.

13 Likes

Moral: Behavior has consequences.

31 Likes

So, that’s the deal Liz made.

17 Likes

Yeah. Nice to control the White House, the Senate (barely) and the House (less barely).

Thank you for your continued support.

9 Likes

Someone needs to tell Joni Ernst that this is what political castration looks like.

18 Likes

11 GOPers

Wait-say-what-GIF

9 Likes