TK House Votes To Strip Greene Of Her Committee Assignments

199 Republicans voted aganst this. This is a new civil war that will only end when the Stupid Party is annihilated.

23 Likes

SMELL the glove!

12 Likes

It looks as though Cheney didn’t join the Dems this time. Which of these Republicans voted for both the impeachment and against Greene?

Edit: It looks as though there were only three republicans who voted with the Dems both times: Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), Fred Upton (R-MI) and John Katko (R-NY). I guess that means a total of 18 Republicans crossed over to join the Democrats at least once this year. That’s a little encouraging.

17 Likes

I think that was his point. It’s partisan because only Democrats have principles.

8 Likes

Liz Cheney wasn’t on the list of eleven?

10 Likes

From cnn.com
“Greene said that she became “very interested” in the conspiracy theory and began posting about it on Facebook and talking about it, adding that throughout 2018 she was “upset about things” and felt she could not trust the government.”
… … …
OK, I am confused here… if Greene felt she could not trust trump’s government why then did she run for office?? And run as a republican??
This ain’t rational…

32 Likes

So without any committee assignments, what does she do now? Wait for bills to come for a full floor vote? Other than that, is there much point to her presence there at this point?

13 Likes

Begs the question, how much more black could the glove possibly be?

4 Likes

Katko, Kinzinger, and Upton are the only overlaps. I have to admit I was surprised to see Malliotakis as one of the people voting to strip t, and am curious as to why Cheney voted to let her keep the assignments.

Edit: Just remembered that Malliotakis represents Staten Island. The 9/11 truther garbage probably did NOT go over well with her.

17 Likes

Behave much like Joe McCarthy back in the 1950’s when he was shunned.

14 Likes

You are so welcome!

3 Likes

This is great news! Now GREENE, Margarine Tailor will have plenty of free time to hang out with Steve King on the side of the road in a snowstorm.

10 Likes

She goes on the TV and whines about being a victim and being cancelled and stuff. Then in 2022, she gets re-elected.

14 Likes

McCarthy’s career is over and Young Kim knows it. Vince Fong to the batter’s box ,please.

22 Likes

So far since Ms Greene has been in office all she’s done really, is make a total fool of herself and damage the GOP sorta like a loose and very very hungry piranha, big teeth and all.

17 Likes

I’m looking through house.gov to read the resolution and check out the roll myself, and this site is irresponsibly difficult to navigate. It seems like there were party line votes on this but those were all for procedural things? E.g.: “Providing for consideration of the resolution (H.Res. 72) removing a certain Member from certain standing committees of the House of Representatives (On Ordering the Previous Question)”. I don’t think the actual vote and roll are posted yet.

But seriously, this is why citizens don’t know what their government is doing. The website is slow to update, clunky, and written in Congress’s incomprehensible languages. That should not be the case.

17 Likes

What an insult to Jewish constituents from those GOPers who supported Greene.

19 Likes

Fundraise 24x7. And give capitol tours to “constituents”.

18 Likes

She can lead tours.

7 Likes

Congress has semi-exempted itself from EO laws and clearly most of these Reps never completed even rudimentary training that is compulsory at every American corporation. Since they’re so woefully uninformed, this is how it works. If there’s an employee with a pattern of making intimidating violent threats, it’s up to company management to communicate the unacceptability of such behavior and do something to protect others from the hostile work environment.

Leader McCarthy, if you were in business you’d be hauled in front of HR and punished for tolerating Rep. Greene’s actions, probably never allowed to supervise anyone ever again. You’re welcome.

25 Likes