This Year’s CPAC Attendees Believe, More Than Ever, That Trump Is A Savior

This article is part of TPM Cafe, TPM’s home for opinion and news analysis. It was originally published at The Conversation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1481863

Ultimately, I believe CPAC is the lunatic fringe of an otherwise sane country (because living here otherwise would be terminally depressing).

leopard-in-box

39 Likes
21 Likes
21 Likes

54 Likes

Newest outrage, Betcha Trump will be raging about this today
‘We will take it no more!’: MAGA erupts over Jan. 6 arrest of conservative journalist - Raw Story

“Turns out it is a Grand Jury subpoena for all my #Jan6 video,” he posted on Twitter/X.
MAGA is making noise over the FBI’s Friday arrest of Blaze Media’s Steve Baker.
The papers have Baker admitting to venturing into former Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office and rejoicing over its destruction.

“They got Pelosi’s office and you know it couldn’t have happened to a better deserving b----,” reads the complaint charging him with misdemeanors including disorderly conduct.

And aside from a variety of CCTV and public photos of that deadly day, Baker allegedly “antagonized” Capitol Police officers asking, “Are you going to use that [gun] on us?!”

After he was released, Baker said his treatment was over the top.

“I’m actually still shaking,” he said to some reporters. “I don’t like what I just went through.”

“Standing with Steve Baker,” posted @EyesOpn. “Enough is enough and we will take no more!”

@Tarab72 also empathized, “Leg chains for a misdemeanor?? Good lord.”

17 Likes

Russia is not our enemy. Putin Is.

20 Likes

Left out was the absolute crazy and deranged shit. These people may really believe it, but it’s still not normal and completely wrong. I’m an absolutist in this regard and these people are “absolute berks”!

34 Likes

CPAC: We trained these messianic morons in advance for your pleasure.

Now, vote GOP so Walmart can use a fraction of your money to help China build their military.

11 Likes

Trump has never been to Portland.

14 Likes

Eh…Russia by dint of its pliant people delivered 50 years of knife edge expectation of total thermonuclear destruction. I had to be raised in a foreign country to protect America and the rest of the world from that.

In the time since they have allowed Putin to run rampant over all Russia, Crimea, Ukraine, goad the UK into Brexit, and elect Trump, maybe twice.

I love the Russian people, but civic pride in their capacity to suffer leads us all to suffer. Who will they allow to usurp their country next?

They are an equation to study the point where masochism becomes cowardice. Sorry.

21 Likes

That’s all that’s left of CPAC. Attendance dropped in 2023 and even further this year. It seems that it has devolved into straight up MAGA.

“Left wing media”(including WaPo) were not credentialed and had to purchase tickets to attend. Many did just that. And discovered something - without a press badge, people are nicer to you and you get to see and hear more.

30 Likes

Pretty sure the Capitol Police can say that with a lot more conviction regarding the events of J6.

As the old theme song to Baretta put it, “don’t do the crime if your can’t do the time”.

What a pussy.

25 Likes

Fox’s obsession with migrant crime is the strategy of a post-policy Republican Party that is intellectually and morally bankrupt. It’s a sign of weakness, not strength. But that weakness, and that hatred, can still do a lot of harm. It will do even more if, despite itself, the GOP manages to win in November.

31 Likes

Yep

21 Likes

This is the same group that cheered when TFG suggested that police be a little more physical, right? Never thought the leapords would eat your face, eh chuckles?

FAFO.

19 Likes

23 Likes

The Bellowing “Messiah.”

30 Likes

I really really hope Letitia James seizes Trump Tower in a few weeks. Trump will stroke out in epic fashion.

32 Likes

He needs to sell a building or two to put up the money.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available