‘This Is A Propaganda Video’: Interior Blasted Over Post Boosting Trump’s Re-Election | Talking Points Memo

The Interior Department is taking heat after posting a video on Instagram a week before the presidential election touting President Trump’s “historic feats for conservation.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340982
1 Like

10 Likes

accusing the department of committing a Hatch Act violation

I mean if it’s never going to be enforced why would republicans care.

7 Likes

Can’t imagine there are too many undecided conversationist / Sierra club members but leave it to this administration to find a new way to waste money, violate ethical standards, publicly embarrassing themselves, and break federal law all at the same time. Bravo.

Do not pass go. Go directly to jail.

14 Likes

Can they still collect $200?

5 Likes

BASTARDS. The god-damned administration will make it legal to log millions of acres of the Tongass National Forest as of tomorrow.

16 Likes

Scum of the earth.

2 Likes

There has to be some type justice meted out to these BASTARDS soon after Joe and Kamala are sworn in.

4 Likes

Co-conspirator - hopefully … eventually indicted

Bernhardt relocated the headquarters of the Bureau of Land Management from Washington, D.C., to Grand Junction, Colorado, on August 11, 2020
As Secretary of the Interior, he defended the Trump administration’s rollback of environmental regulations

Imagine the smuggest, smarmiest environment ravaging bastard you ever recall seeing …

9 Likes

of 14th century values…

6 Likes

These violations of the Hatch Act (and totally inappropriate uses of tax monies) don’t just happen in a vacuum. This WH has become a campaign headquarters and congressional investigators should determine who is ordering and coordinating such agency responses. Is there a way to hold the guilty personally responsible?

11 Likes

God I hate Trump, Trumpers, those who look the other way, and especially those who double down on being more Trumpian than Trump.

5 Likes

The Hatch Act is about as much of an impediment to the commission of unethical behavior as the FEC.

5 Likes

‘This Is A Propaganda Video’

Aren’t they all???

4 Likes

I’ll just add this for irony:

The David Bernhardt Scandal Tracker

And don’t forget the OG:

Zinke to leave Interior amid scandals

3 Likes

a propaganda video created with… tax dollars

Republicans have no intention of lowering taxes on the middle class.

2 Likes

Yeah right, “invest in the ethics program”. Teapot Dome is going to look like small potatoes compared to this band of thieves.

5 Likes

I hope there was an inventory taken of everything in the White House and it’s environs. I hope that priceless historical artifacts have been documented with provenance. I do not put it past the Trump Crime Family to loot and pillage whatever they can.

Nasty tasteless grifters.

3 Likes

a propaganda video created with your tax dollars

And I’ll bet it cost more than the 750 bucks Trump kicked in.

2 Likes

can you count the things in this picture that are “fake” ?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available