Theresa May Apologizes For Leaked Memo

The British government expressed “regret” over the leak of an internal memo that described the Trump administration as “dysfunctional,” among other things.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1233827

Truth telling does not need an expression of regret.

16 Likes

“I’m sorry if you are offended by the truth.”

13 Likes

Nice of her to throw her country under the bus before she’s relegated to her rightful place on the dung heap of history.

8 Likes

Most normal presidents, even ones that aren’t stable geniuses, would have ignored the comments of the ambassador publicly. Our thin-skinned strongman-baby just can’t let any slight go unmet.

9 Likes

Note that she apologizes for the leak, not for the content.

29 Likes

I think that perhaps impressing Trump was not high on the Queen’s Bucket List.

4 Likes

Trump is the sort of person that accomplished, tasteful, rational people serve notice they do not want invited to various social occasions.

7 Likes

May should have at least maintained a fig-leaf of dignity and doubled down on what everybody knows o be true. She has no spine at all, no wonder she could not lead the country into Brexit or even better out of the nonsense that Brexit is.

3 Likes

No worries, Madame May:

This leak was probably the only-est beneficial result of your otherwise desultory right-wing career.

Mind how you go

6 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like
8 Likes

Oh, I think she did maintain that fig-leaf. She apologized for the leak. She did not apologize (or even dispute) the content.

11 Likes

May apologizes, and Trump klicks* her. Craven idiocy and assholery collide. The interesting news in all this is that some diplomats can actually see reality.

*I meant “kicks”, but he clicks and kicks on Twitter.

5 Likes
17 Likes

Just wondering if the leak was done to do damage to BoJo who, I’ve heard, is rather fond of Rump and sees himself in a similar mold.

4 Likes

Seems fair. One gop “apologizing” to another gop using standard gop wording. What’s not to like?

1 Like

7 Likes

I would contribute to a GoFundMe to put that second cartoon on a billboard across from Mar-a-Loco…

7 Likes

Trump may be the most infantile man I have ever seen in public life. He drags people into that world.

It is a world without a hint of subtlety.

We in this county have done relatively little in working to use this fact in the fight against Trump.

7 Likes